In its 90th year, HealthAchieve provides platform for a global discussion on new ideas in health care
TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - HealthAchieve 2014, the largest health care conference of its kind in North America, kicks off today at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre promising three days focused on learning, sharing and evolving ideas on the future of healthcare.
HealthAchieve brings leading experts from many fields to help inspire health leaders to think outside of the box when it comes to health care solutions. Today, HealthAchieve will feature:
- Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson: As Executive Director of Digital Health at Seattle Children's Hospital, Dr. Swanson will share how social media and new technologies wed with patient involvement is changing the future of healthcare delivery for the better. [7:30am, Room 205, 206]
- Michael E. Porter: The world renowned Harvard professor will discuss how we need to reorient healthcare around value for patients, rather than current drivers like geography or incentives. [10:00am, Room 105, 106, 107]
- Tom Rand: Environmental sustainability expert Tom Rand will take a look at how climate disruption has become a significant health care issue. [1:30pm, Room 201]
- Jennifer Jones: Canada's curling hero will share her experience on how to deal with high pressure situations in order to achieve the desired outcome. [3:30, Room 201]
- Jim Carroll: The global futurist, trends and innovation expert posits that we'll see more change in the next 10 years of healthcare than we've seen in the last 200. So what should we do about it? [3:30, Room 106]
The award-winning trade show floor featuring close to 300 exhibitors showcasing the latest in healthcare products, technology and services. Highlights include:
- OHA90: Along with HealthAchieve, the OHA celebrates its 90th year with a look back at the past 90 years of health care in Ontario.
- The Wellness Centre: Come to the trade show floor for a seated massage, gait scan, metabolic analysis, BMI assessment and cosmetics services.
- The New Product Showcase: A selection of new products that have launched in the health care market that fit with HealthAchieve's theme of inspiring new ideas.
- mHealthHub: A dedicated space on the tradeshow floor, the mHealthHub is a space where delegates can test drive the latest mobile health apps.
For more information, visit www.healthachieve.com
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6,000 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at www.HealthAchieve.com.