OTTAWA-GATINEAU, QC, Sept. 16, 2015 /CNW/ - At a ceremony that took place today at Rideau Hall, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) employees received a Public Service Award of Excellence. The CRTC was recognized in the "Excellence in Policy" category for its efforts to modernize telecommunications services in the North.
Further to a public hearing, the CRTC developed a regulatory policy for the modernization of the Northwestel network, which will result in improved broadband Internet services and the delivery of advanced wireless services. Canadians living in the North will have access to affordable telecommunications services that will allow them to participate in the digital economy.
The CRTC congratulates all of this year's finalists and winners for their exceptional contribution to improving the lives of Canadians.
- CRTC employees were honoured at a ceremony celebrating their creative and innovative work in the "Excellence in Policy" category.
- The CRTC is proud of the work it is carrying out to ensure that Canadian citizens, creators and consumers are at the centre of a world-class communication system.
- Public Service Award of Excellence 2015 recipients
- Telecomm Regulatory Policy CRTC 2013-711
- CRTC acting to improve telecommunications services for northern Canadians
- The CRTC's role in the Digital Economy (video)
- It's your CRTC: Here's how to have your say!
SOURCE Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
For further information: Media relations: 819-997-9403; General inquiries: 819- 997-0313, Toll-free: 1-877-249-CRTC (2782), TTY line: 819-994-0423