OTTAWA, April 9, 2018 /CNW/ - The Correctional Service of Canada's Restorative Justice and Victim Services Division is now accepting nominations for the 2018 national Ron Wiebe Restorative Justice Award. This year marks both the 20th anniversary and the final year of the award.
This award is open to all Canadians who model restorative justice principles in the service of justice and peace. Members of the public are invited to nominate Canadian individuals who:
- demonstrate, through their work, community service and/or lifestyle, ways of transforming human relationships
- facilitate communication and healing between people who have been affected by crime or conflict, whether they are victims, offenders, colleagues, family, or community members
- have made a significant contribution to advancing restorative justice in Canada and beyond
The deadline for submitting nominations is June 29, 2018.
The Ron Wiebe Restorative Justice Award will be presented at the National Restorative Justice Symposium Gala, as part of Restorative Justice Week (November 18-25, 2018).
For further information on restorative justice, the nomination criteria and process, or to nominate an individual, please visit CSC's Restorative Justice website.
- The Ron Wiebe Restorative Justice Award is given annually to honour a Canadian individual who has made a significant contribution to advancing restorative justice.
- Correctional Service of Canada's Restorative Opportunities Program offers people who have been harmed by a crime a chance to communicate, either directly or indirectly, with the offender who caused the harm.
- National Ron Wiebe Restorative Justice Award page on CSC website
SOURCE Correctional Services of Canada
For further information: Media Relations, Correctional Service Canada, 613-992-7711, [email protected]