- November 17-21 at TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- Free tickets are available on Eventbrite.
TORONTO, Nov. 13, 2015 /CNW/ - This year's ultimate social TV experience begins Tuesday November 17 and ends on Saturday November 21 (a date designated each year by the United Nations as World Television Day!).
The creators and talent from each of the featured shows will be on hand to interact with CITF audiences before or after screenings. Some CITF highlights include:
- November 17
- 7pm-9:30pm: Writers Guild of Canada will be presenting its regular WRITERS TALKING TV spotlight on showrunners with Joseph Kay who will screen an episode of his new CBC drama series THIS LIFE and interviewed by fellow screen writer Cal Coons
- November 18
- 7:00pm-8:00pm: Exclusive preview of Super Channel's WHAT WOULD SAL DO? With Director Samir Rehem, Writer/Consulting Producer Kurt Smeaton, Executive Producers from New Metric Media Mark Montefiore and Patrick O'Sullivan, Lead Actors Dylan Taylor and Jennifer Dale
- 9:00pm-10:00pm: Cast and creators interview and screening of SUNNYSIDE, the original six-episode, half-hour sketch-comedy series from Gary Pearson and Dan Redican (co-produced by Counterfeit Pictures and Buffalo Gal Pictures) which debuted earlier this year on City.
- November 19
- 7:00pm-8:00pm: Live podcast of REMOTELY GIRLY hosted by Amber Dowling, President of the Television Critics Association and freelance critic; Emily Gagne, Managing Editor and Co-Founder of Cinefilles and freelance writer; and Melissa Girimonte, Founder & Editor in Chief of The Televixen.
- 9:00pm-11:00pm: Screenings of T.O. Webfest's renowned line-up of web series including Q&A's with the creators.
- November 20
- 5:30pm-7:00pm: World premiere of Comedy and CraveTV's Letterkenny and a panel discussion with the show's creator, co-writer, star and executive producer Jared Keeso as well as executive producers Mark Montefiore, Patrick O'Sullivan of New Metric Media.
- 7:30pm-9:30pm: Season Three world premiere of Bravo's "19-2" with appearances from lead actors Adrian Holmes and Jared Keeso, and showrunner Bruce Smith.
- November 21
- 7:00pm-9:00pm: LOVE IT OR LIST IT series celebration screening and a sneak peak of LOVE IT OR LIST IT VACATION HOMES premiering on W Network in 2016. In attendance will be Executive Producers Maria Armstrong, Catherine Fogarty, plus stars of the show Tod Talbot, Dan Vickery and Elisa Goldhawk.
Tickets are FREE. For more event details and to get tickets visit www.CITF15.tv
About the Canadian International Television Festival
CITF is an independent and dynamic social enterprise whose mission is to showcase TV shows and stars from Canada and around the world. It is an opportunity for TV lovers to unite and celebrate their favourite shows at the theatre and through social media.
SOURCE Canadian International Television Festival
For further information: Media Contact: Emily Boland, Shine PR, 647-988-0860, email@example.com; Mario Tassone, 416-889-6993, firstname.lastname@example.org