OTTAWA, Nov. 25 /CNW Telbec/ - With exceptional local and national broadcasting experience amongst them, this year's 2009 Hall of Fame Inductees for the Canadian Association of Broadcasters (CAB) are a diverse mix of industry experts who have made significant contributions to Canadian broadcasting throughout their careers.
Hall of Fame nominees are proposed by five regional broadcasting associations, CAB members and the CAB Board of Directors. This year's inductees will join a prestigious list of previous inductees including Gordon Sinclair, Celine Dion, Craig Oliver, Randy Bachman and Vicki Gabereau, the Honourable Bev Oda and the Honourable Peter Kent to name a few.
The 2009 CAB Hall of Fame Inductees are:
- Rob Braide, Current President Braide Media
- Michel Chamberland, Current Founding president of "Les Productions
- Terry Coles, Current President and COO Vista Radio and member of the
Board of the Youth Orchestra of the Americas based in Washington, DC
- Charles Dalfen, (1943-2009) Former CRTC Chair, lawyer and CRTC
- Lyndon Friesen, President, Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
- Sidney Margles, Former President of Standard Sound, a division of
Standard Broadcasting, industry pioneer of the "news-talk radio
format" in Canada
- Tony Parsons, Anchor and VP News CanWest Global BC
- Sandy Sanderson, Former Executive Vice President & GM, Toronto &
Kitchener Region, Rogers Broadcasting Ltd.
"The CAB is proud to honour these outstanding individuals for their achievements in Canadian broadcasting," said Charlotte Bell, CAB Chair. "Each of these individuals have contributed to their local communities and to our industry as a whole. Honouring them allows us to inspire new employees in our industry whether on-air, in management - we need innovators and vision to keep this incredible industry growing," concluded Ms. Bell.
The 2009 inductees will be honoured at a CAB hosted reception on Monday, November 30, 2009 at the Château Laurier in Ottawa from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
SOURCE Canadian Association of Broadcasters
For further information: For further information: Devon Jacobs, Senior Director, Government Relations, (613) 233-4035 ext. 323, email@example.com