Annual lifestyle show presents over 350 exhibitors to inspire, educate and entertain
CALGARY, Sept. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - The Calgary Home + Design Show (CHDS), the city's largest exhibition of home design, décor and renovation, will take place September 20-23 at the BMO Centre. The highly anticipated show will welcome industry professionals and suppliers from across the country, bringing the latest in design trends and tips to Calgarians and visitors alike.
2012 CHDS FEATURES:
- Foodie Design Competition (Thursday, September 20, 2012) - Four well-known local food fanatics will face off in a food presentation competition, each having 30 minutes to plate a meal that best emanates one of this year's hottest design trends.
- Family Day (Friday, September 21, 2012) - A fun-filled afternoon showcasing every child's favourite handyman, Bob the Builder, along with a variety of interactive booths and family-friendly features at the Cooking Stage.
- The Samsung "Passion for Fresh Cooking Challenge" (Saturday, September 22, 2012) - Three local amateur cooking enthusiasts are pitted against each other in a battle of the blades, judged by the renowned Chef Jason Parsons.
- IKEA Chair Lift - Ten well-known Calgarians each give a classic IKEA chair a 'lift', using only a limited budget and their flair for fashion. The final products will be auctioned off to support Make A Wish® Southern Alberta Foundation.
- Ask a Designer by Avenue Magazine - Visitors can bring their design, décor or renovation problem, along with any relevant swatches or pictures and receive a 10-minute consultation with an industry professional.
- IKEA Design Competition - Five top design companies will go head-to-head to create beautiful, livable spaces. The winning look will be selected, and taken home by five lucky attendees!
- Room to Grow - Four unique bedroom spaces that see your child from infant to teenager, while allowing their personal style to shine through will be showcased throughout the show.
2012 CHDS Celebrity Guests
- Sarah Daniels & Philip DuMoulin, Co-hosts of HGTV's Urban Suburban
- Alykhan Velji, Calgary Design Expert and Design Captain for City TV's My Rona Home
- Rosalyn Lazaruk, Design Expert and owner of Wicketblue Interiors
- Maria Killam, Author and internationally sought-after Colour Expert
- Janette Ewen, Lifestyle & Décor Expert
- Bob the Builder, Children's Television Star
The Calgary Home + Design Show will take place during the following days; Thursday, September 20 from 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.; Friday, September 21 from 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, September 22 from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Sunday, September 23 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Media will be required to register upon arrival at the Media Office, located in Room 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For additional information on the Calgary Home + Design Show or Marketplace Events please visit http://www.calgaryhds.com.
About Marketplace Events
Marketplace Events creates vibrant expositions connecting enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments. The company now produces 34 consumer shows annually, in 20 markets across North America, that collectively attract 15,000 exhibitors, 1.1 million attendees and another 1.3 million unique web visitors annually. From 14 offices, the 115-person staff produces some of the most successful and longest-running consumer shows in North America, including market-leading home shows in Cleveland, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Orlando, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver - some of which have thrived in their markets for more than 75 years.
SOURCE: Marketplace Events
For further information:
Primary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations
W: 403.538.5641 ext. 108
Secondary Media Contact
Brookline Public Relations
W: 403.538.5641 ext. 102