MONTREAL, June 16, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - In accordance with the provisions of the Cities and Towns Act, the Auditor General of the Ville de Montréal, Mr. Jacques Bergeron, forwarded his sixth Annual Report, concerning the year 2014, to Mayor Denis Coderre on June 11, 2015. As scheduled, the Mayor tabled the report at the City Council meeting held yesterday afternoon and will do the same at the Urban Agglomeration Council meeting on June 18.
The Auditor General's first obligation is to audit the City's financial statements, as well as those of the organizations that it controls or that are part of its reporting entity. Furthermore, the Auditor General's obligations also include auditing the compliance of operations with Laws, By-Laws, policies and directives, as well as auditing Value-for-Money, which includes auditing information technology.
The report includes 12 audit missions involving Value-for-Money and information technology containing 307 recommendations intended to improve City management. Here are those 12 missions:
- Logical intrusion tests;
- Participation of la Société de transport de Montréal in la Société de gestion et d'acquisition de véhicules et de systèmes de transport S.E.N.C.;
- Outsourcing of telecommunications services;
- Governance of information technology;
- Management of purchase agreements;
- Compliance with Laws and By-Laws;
- Inventory management;
- Management of business continuity;
- Collection and transport of in-house recyclable material;
- Technoparc Montréal;
- Management of financial contributions;
- Maintenance of fire hydrants.
The Auditor General's Annual Report for 2014, along with the highlights relating to it, are available on the Bureau's website: bvgmtl.ca. Please note that the See last report tab refers you to Highlights and that to get the entire report you must click on the 2014 Annual Reports tab.
SOURCE Ville de Montréal - Bureau du vérificateur général
For further information: Pierre Tessier, Office: 514 849-4554, Cell.: 514 233-1636, Pierre.firstname.lastname@example.org