- Up 7% with A25-54, last night's broadcast is the most-watched premiere of any series this summer and the #1 Canadian premiere of the 2014/15 broadcast season -
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA trended on Twitter across Canada as fans flocked to social media to live tweet throughout the season premiere -
- Exclusive content available at CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1NS9AMy
TORONTO, July 9, 2015 /CNW/ - CTV's THE AMAZING RACE CANADA confidently sprinted back to its position as the #1 program of the summer last night with more than 2 million viewers (preliminary overnight data) tuning into last night's Season 3 premiere on CTV. Growing 7% in the key A25-54 demo and holding steady with total viewers versus the Season 2 premiere (2.03 million), the debut is the most-watched premiere of any series this summer and the #1 Canadian premiere of the 2014/15 broadcast season. In the episode, twelve teams from across Canada tackled challenges that tested their bodies and minds - including a TSN broadcasting roadblock and chilly water obstacle course - before Jon Montgomery revealed that Max and Elias had been eliminated from the first leg of the race. Final data for last night's season premiere will follow.
**Media Note** Download artwork for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca
Also to note:
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA overwhelmingly won Wednesday night among total viewers and key demos A18-49 and A25-54 nationally and was #1 for the night in Toronto and Edmonton among total viewers and A25-54.
- The series premiere was also up compared to last year with key female demos F18-34 (+12%), F18-49 (+13%), and F25-54 (+23%).
- In Toronto, the premiere delivered an amazing 9.2 rating for A18-34, up 39% over last year's premiere. In the same demo, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA had an impressive 32% share, translating to nearly 1 in 3 viewers watching TV were tuned into the premiere. The premiere also drew a 7.1 rating for A18-49, up 8% from last year.
- In Montreal, the premiere delivered an impressive 8.1 rating for total viewers (8.8 for A25-54; 8.2 for A18-49; and 7.9 for A18-34).
- More than one in four adults in all key adult demos watching television in English Canada last night tuned into the broadcast.
- In addition, last night's MASTERCHEF on CTV enjoyed a season-high audience of 1.69 million viewers.
Throughout the broadcast and in to the morning, #AmazingRaceCanada trended on Twitter across Canada as fans flocked to social media to tweet about the season premiere. More than 4,700 mentions of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA-related terms were tweeted in the 24 hours surrounding the broadcast generating more than 22.8 million estimated impressions.
On the next episode of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA (Wednesday, July 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO), teams are surprised with an early adventure outside of Canada when they travel to South America. In Santiago, Chile, tensions run high and racers fly higher. Some teams struggle to communicate with the locals, while others express themselves with body language, as they race for a pair of Express passes.
The 11 remaining teams competing for the biggest grand prize in Canadian television history are:
- Brent and Sean - Brothers - Musquodoboit Harbour, N.S.
- Brian and Cynthia - Married - Winnipeg
- Dana and Amanda - Co-workers - St. John's, N.L.
- Dujean and Leilani - Exes - Toronto and Halifax, N.S.
- Gino and Jesse - Brothers - Hamilton
- Hamilton and Michaelia - Engaged - Centreville, N.S.
- Neil and Kristin - Father and daughter - Burlington, Ont.
- Nic and Sabrina - Dating - Montréal
- Nick and Matt - Wrestling Teammates - Newmarket, Ont. and Stouffville, Ont.
- Simi and Ope - Father and daughter - Burnaby, B.C.
- Susan and Sharnjit - Co-workers - Vancouver
Last night's episode encores this Saturday, July 11 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Sunday, July 12 at 5 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO - and is also now available on demand at CTV GO. All-new episodes of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA air Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO. Previous seasons are also now streaming on CraveTV.
For more on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, fans can visit CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada for exclusive content, including team videos, bios, full episodes, sneak peeks, and extras.
The three premier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are Air Canada, Chevrolet Canada, and BMO Financial Group. Dairy Queen® Canada, Mentos, and Petro-Canada also return to partner with the juggernaut hit series.
Commissioned by CTV, Season 3 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television Productions. Insight Productions' John Brunton and Barbara Bowlby are Executive Producers, and Mark Lysakowski is Supervising Producer. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President and Robin Johnston is Production Executive at Bell Media. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks and CraveTV. Phil King is President - CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Racer Twitter Accounts:
Brent - @brentasweeney
Sean - @SeanASweeney
Brian and Cynthia - @BrianCynthia_MB
Dana - @dana7h
Amanda - @amj839
Dujean - @Ruthlessraze1
Leilani - @leilanimayaross
Gino - @g_montani
Jesse - @jessemontani
Hamilton - @HamCElliott
Michaelia - @MichaeliaDrever
Max - @MaxAltamuro
Elias - @eliastheodorou
Neil - @Race_Dad
Kristin - @sincerley_kris
Nic and Sabrina - @Nic_SabrinaTARC
Nick - @asylum1240
Matt - @mattrlp123
Simi - @simifaq
Ope - @O_Siyoyo
Susan - @hayresk13
Sharnjit - @Sharnkgill
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 14 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada) overnight vs. overnight
For further information: