- More than 4.4 million Canadians engage with the MMVAs as awards show delivers an astronomical 2 billion social impressions -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1RgwseG
Join the Hubub
TORONTO, July 6, 2015 /CNW/ - Canadians experienced the 2015 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS like never before, as new data confirms the June 21 awards show extravaganza engaged millions on multiple platforms. More than 4.4 million Canadians participated in the TV broadcast, which has achieved an accumulated audience of 1.4 million viewers with another 155,000 video starts online. Meanwhile, powered by nearly 450,000 mentions of #MMVAs by almost 400,000 users on Twitter, the 2015 MMVAs generated an incredible 2 billion social impressions in total. The 2015 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS is available on demand at Much.com.
"The MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS continues to resonate with young Canadians as they engage with the event on more and more platforms," said Tracey Pearce, Senior Vice-President, Specialty and Pay, Bell Media. "It was an incredible night for fans, the talent who appeared on the MMVA stage, and sponsors alike."
** MEDIA NOTE** Download photos from the 2015 MMVAs at at BellMedia.ca/PR.
Additional highlights for the 2015 MMVAs:
- In total, the live broadcast of the 2015 MMVAs reached more than 3.2 million Canadians on Much, CTV, CTV Two, MTV, M3, and MTV2, delivering an average TV audience of 785,000
- With encore broadcasts included, the 2015 MMVAs have an accumulated TV audience of 1.4 million viewers and reach of 4.4 million viewers
- During the live TV broadcast, the 2015 MMVAs was the most-watched program on television among the network's key A18-34, A18-49, F18-34, F18-49, F25-54, P12-34, and teen demos
- The 2015 MMVAs is now the top TV broadcast this year to-date on Much
- Online, there were more than 155,000 video starts of MMVA content, with almost 28,000 hours of viewing alone on June 21 on Much.com
- Among 2015 Bell Media livestream events the 2015 MMVAs was the #2 most-streamed event of the year behind the OSCARS
- With interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Vine, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope, MMVA fans interacted like never before, chalking up 2 billion social impressions
- On Twitter, 11 MMVA-related topics trended in Canada, while #MMVAs actually trended around the world during the live event.
The corner of Queen and John streets in Toronto lit up with the 2015 MMVAs on Sunday, June 21, one of the world's biggest and most exciting street-level award shows. International mega-star Ed Sheeran was in full command of the stage in his fourth annual MMVA appearance, his first as co-host, as he led a remarkable evening filled with some of the world's biggest names in music and entertainment. Talent who graced the 2015 MMVA stage included performers such as Carly Rae Jepsen, Nick Jonas, Fall Out Boy, and Walk Off The Earth, and presenters such as international supermodel Gigi Hadid, and GRAMMY-nominated rocker Adam Lambert.
Official sponsors of the 2015 MMVAs include: Bud Lime Ritas, Coca-Cola®, Procter & Gamble®, SUBWAY® Restaurants, and Virgin Mobile Canada™.
Follow Much on Twitter: @Much
About the MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS:
Much gives fans the experience of a lifetime by putting them as close as humanly possible to their favourite artists and celebrities at the 2015 MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS. The show aired live on Sunday, June 21 on Much. Past MMVA performers and presenters include: Adam Lambert, Avril Lavigne, The Black Eyed Peas, The Black Keys, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, Carly Rae Jepsen, Colin Farrell, Down With Webster, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Hedley, Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Kesha, Kellan Lutz, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, LMFAO, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Pauly D, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Snooki, Snoop Dogg, Taylor Lautner, and many more. At the MMVAs, the audience is the priority; Much gives them the best seats in the house, whether a foot from the stage or a foot from a television, computer, or mobile phone. Fans should hit up Much regularly at Much.com or Twitter @Much for the most up-to-date info about the event of the year.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada)
For further information:
Jessica Charbonneau, Music & Entertainment Specialties, Bell Media, 416.384.3016 or [email protected]