/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS RESTRICTION MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF U.S. SECURITIES LAWS/
- New strategic hires bring proven CO2 extraction and purification technology, finance, sales and operations expertise to the Company as it continues to target the expansion of its extraction and purification footprint across the U.S. and globally.
PITTSBURGH, Feb. 6, 2019 /CNW/ - Thar Process Inc. ("Thar Process" or the "Company"), a leader in CO2 extraction and purification technology, today announced the appointment of four key leaders to its senior management team. Collectively, these four strategic hires bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in CO2 extraction and purification technology, finance, sales and operations to their new roles at Thar Process. The Company anticipates they will each be an important resource as the Company continues to execute its global growth strategy, expanding its focus on the lawful hemp-derived CBD and cannabis industries.
Senior Leadership Appointments
- Greg Imberlina, Chief Financial Officer: Mr. Imberlina is an accomplished financial executive with a proven track record of building businesses, executing strategy and expanding market share while maintaining disciplined capital allocation. He brings more than 38 years of experience, most recently as the CFO of HVL Incorporated (a business segment of Atrium Innovations), an industry leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of science-based nutritional health products.
- Andy Miles, Director of Business Development: Mr. Miles, a chemist by training, brings more than 20 years of pharmaceutical industry sales and business development knowledge to the team at Thar Process. Andy's unique industry perspective is combined with years of successful business development experience at TharSFC and Regis Technology where he participated in the expansion of their supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) systems and purification businesses.
- Keith Douglas, Senior Director of Operations: Mr. Douglas is a highly experienced engineer with over 20 years of experience managing complex operations and leading diverse teams of business professionals, engineers and technicians. Prior to joining Thar Process, he held the position of Director, Project Management, Quality Management Office, and Rail Control Solutions at Bombardier Transportation. Keith has a Master's Degree in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a Master's Degree in engineering management from Old Dominion University and is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Richard Mascara, Vice President of Processing Operations: Mr. Mascara is responsible for overseeing the management and expansion of Thar Process' toll processing services operations. Richard comes to Thar Process from Bombardier with nearly 20 years of senior project management and engineering process management experience. Richard has an MBA and is a mechanical engineer.
"On behalf of our entire team, I would like to welcome Greg, Andy, Keith and Richard to our growing organization," said Lalit Chordia, CEO and Founder, Thar Process. "The recent passing of the Agriculture Improvement Act (the 2018 Farm Bill) in the U.S. has driven a strong acceleration in U.S. demand for our extraction and purification equipment and toll processing services from the hemp industry. Thar Process is already a leading supplier of supercritical extraction and purification equipment and solutions. With a proven track record of success, an experienced leadership team and tailored solutions for the high-growth, lawful hemp and cannabis industries, Thar Process is well-situated to rapidly become the premier source for large scale hemp-derived CBD and cannabis extraction and purification solutions."
About Thar Process
Thar Process is a leader in CO2 extraction and purification technology and provides a single point of access for pilot- through to commercial-scale supercritical fluid extraction and chromatography-based purification systems. With deep industry experience and visionary leadership, Thar is continuing to bring innovative technologies to the global extraction and purification market. Thar Process is currently focused on servicing customers in the burgeoning and lawful hemp and cannabis industries.
At its Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania headquarters, Thar Process manufactures and markets its CO2 extraction and purification equipment to domestic and international customers, primarily in the lawful hemp and cannabis industries. Thar Process provides toll processing services to customers, largely lawful hemp cultivators, throughout the United States at its wholly-owned tolling processing facility in Pennsylvania and at its joint venture facility in New York.
No Offer or Solicitation
This press release shall neither constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, nor shall there be any sale of securities in any jurisdiction in which the offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release that are forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. When used in this press release, words such as "will, could, plan, estimate, expect, intend, may, potential, believe, should," and similar expressions, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may include, without limitation, expansion of international activities and potential growth in the hemp and cannabis industries. Although Thar Process has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements, there can be other factors that cause results, performance or achievements not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended, including, but not limited to: dependence on obtaining regulatory approvals; investing in target companies or projects which have limited or no operating history and are engaged in activities currently considered illegal under US Federal laws; change in laws; reliance on management; requirements for additional financing; competition; hindering market growth and state adoption due to inconsistent public opinion and perception of the hemp and cannabis industries and; regulatory or political change. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate or that management's expectations or estimates of future developments, circumstances or results will materialize. As a result of these risks and uncertainties, the results or events predicted in these forward-looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this press release are made as of the date of this press release. Thar Process disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise such information, except as required by applicable law.
SOURCE Thar Process Inc.
For further information: visit www.tharprocess.com or contact: Todd Palcic, President and Chief Revenue Officer, Thar Process, email@example.com; Ross Marshall, Investor Relations, LodeRock Advisors Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-526-1563