TORONTO, June 24, 2014 /CNW/ - Temex Resources Corp. (TSX-V: TME, FWB: TQ1) ("Temex" or "the Company" or "the Corporation") is pleased to report on the results of the Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders (the "ASM") held in Toronto, Ontario on June 24, 2014 at 10:00 am.
A minimum of 34% of the issued and outstanding shares were voted with the following results:
- Auditors: parker simone LLP were re-appointed as auditors of the Corporation and the directors were authorized to fix the remuneration of the auditors;
- Directors: Peter Akerley, Ian Campbell, Bruce Durham, Greg Gibson, Ronald Goldsack and René Marion were re-elected to the Board of Directors of the Corporation
- Stock Option Plan: the Stock Option Plan was approved; and
- Amended By-Law: the By-Law No. 5 amending By-Law No. 1 was ratified and confirmed.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors,
President and CEO, Director
About Temex Resources Corp.
Temex is a Canadian based exploration company focusing on its portfolio of precious metals properties in the world class mining district of northeastern Ontario. Temex (60% interest) is advancing the Timmins Whitney Gold Project, in partnership with Goldcorp Canada Ltd. (40% joint venture interest; no back-in rights), and exploring the Juby Gold Project (100% Temex).
The Whitney Property has a NI 43-101 compliant resources on the Upper Whitney of 0.97 million tonnes at a grade of 7.02 g/t gold for 218,100 ounces of gold in the Measured category plus 2.3 million tonnes at a grade of 6.77 g/t gold for 490,500 ounces of gold in the Indicated category and 1.0 million tonnes at a grade of 5.34 g/t gold for 170,700 ounces of gold in the Inferred category at a cut-off grade of 3.0 g/t gold (Note 1).
The Juby Gold Project has NI 43-101 compliant resources of 26.6 million tonnes at a grade of 1.28 g/t gold for 1,090,400 ounces of gold in the Indicated category and 96.2 million tonnes at a grade of 0.94 g/t gold for 2,908,800 ounces of gold in the Inferred category, both at a cut-off grade of 0.40 g/t gold (Note 2).
Temex also has a NI 43-101 compliant resource for tailings material on its Gowganda Silver Project. The tailings piles contain a NI 43-101 compliant resource of 1.94 million tonnes grading 47.5 g/t silver for a contained resource of 2.96 million ounces of silver in the Indicated category (Note 3).
- Information regarding the mineral resource estimate on the Upper Whitney is in the Company's news release dated January 14, 2014 and the technical report filed on SEDAR on February 27, 2014. The Mineral Resource Statement was prepared for Temex by P&E Mining Consultants Inc. of Brampton, Ontario in accordance with NI 43-101 by Richard Sutcliffe, PhD, P.Geo., Eugene Puritch, P.Eng., David Burga, P.Geo., Yungang Wu, P.Geo., Tracy Armstrong, P.Geo., and Antoine Yassa, P.Geo., "independent qualified persons" as defined by NI 43-101.
- Information regarding the mineral resource estimate on the Juby Gold Project is in the Company's news releases dated April 29, 2013 and January 15, 2014 and the technical report filed on SEDAR February 26, 2014. The Mineral Resource Statement was prepared for Temex by GeoVector Management Inc., Ottawa, Ontario in accordance with NI 43-101 by Joe Campbell, BSc, P.Geo., Alan Sexton, MSc, P.Geo., and Duncan Studd, MSc, P.Geo., "independent qualified persons" as defined by NI 43-101.
- Information regarding the mineral resource estimate in the tailings piles located on the Gowganda Silver Project is in the Company's news release dated June 8, 2011 and the technical report filed on SEDAR July 21, 2011. The Mineral Resource Statement was prepared for Temex by GeoVector Management Inc., Ottawa, Ontario in accordance with NI 43-101 by Allan Armitage, PhD, P.Geol., Alan Sexton, MSc, P.Geo., and Joe Campbell, BSc, P.Geo., "independent qualified persons" as defined by NI 43-101.
This news release contains forward-looking information which is not comprised of historical facts. Forward-looking information involves risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events, results, performance, prospects and opportunities to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Forward-looking information in this news release includes, but is not limited to, mineral resource estimates, and the development of its projects as well as the timing related thereto. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking information include, but are not limited to, general business and economic uncertainties, future mineral prices, uncertainties in mineral resource estimates and adverse market conditions, as well as those risks set out in the Company's public documents filed on SEDAR. Although the Company believes that the assumptions and factors used in preparing the forward-looking information in this news release are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on such information, which only applies as of the date of this news release, and no assurance can be given that such events will occur in the disclosed time frames or at all. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, other than as required by law.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: Temex Resources Corp.
For further information: