Sony Ericsson Launches Vivaz™ pro, Canada's new QWERTY and touchscreen phone with HD1
- Best in Class Messaging - Quickly and easily send messages, chat and email with all your friends on the full QWERTY keyboard
- Capture & Share in HD - Share your vision with the ability to record ultra-sharp HD videos in high-definition 720p1
- Social networking made simple - With easy access2 to Facebook™, Twitter™ and effortless upload of HD videos to YouTube via Wi-Fi®3.
- Designed with you in mind - Inspired by human curvature and created from premium materials. The Vivaz™ pro features a wide 3.2" touchscreen4.
TORONTO, Nov. 1 /CNW/ - Sony Ericsson is pleased to welcome the Vivaz™ pro to Canada. The Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ pro is a full featured quick messaging device featuring a slide out QWERTY keypad and touchscreen navigation. It allows consumers to communicate quickly and efficiently, making it the perfect quick messaging tool. Vivaz™ pro also allows consumers to produce and broadcast videos in HD.1 The Vivaz™ pro is available for purchase in Canada today from Rogers Communications.
"The Vivaz™ pro brings together the best of both worlds with a touchscreen interface and full QWERTY keyboard and is perfect for avid texters," said Peter Farmer, Head of Marketing, Sony Ericsson North America. "Shooting and sharing brilliant HD content is what many consumers want from their mobile devices right now and at a very attractive price, we are putting the power of spontaneous HD in the hands of Canadians with Vivaz™ pro."
With Vivaz™ pro, Canadians can capture spontaneous moments and memories instantly with two quick camera keys - video and photo, which lock focus on the action as soon as it starts. Pre-loaded links to YouTube™ and Picasa™ Web Albums make it easy to upload2 HD videos1 and high resolution photos for sharing with friends and even the world.
"As quick messaging through text and social networking continues to be a key feature for many consumers, it is increasingly important to offer our customers great handsets with advanced features like HD video at affordable prices," said Peter Farmer, Head of Marketing, Sony Ericsson North America. "Sony Ericsson's Vivaz™ pro, with its slider keypad and best-in-class video and camera phone is a great addition to our line-up of handsets for consumers who want to share and express themselves through text, images and video."
Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ pro
- Full slide-out keyboard for faster typing and text messaging
- Capture moments with the 5.1 megapixel camera with auto focus, Face and smile detection
- Record HD video1 and share2 creations via the web with the Quick Facebook™1 and Quick YouTube™ applications. The auto focus, geo tagging, photo and video light features enable the user to capture all their favourite moments while on-the-go.
- The large 3.2"4 16:9 wide touchscreen display lets you view everything crystal clear in HD quality.
- Capture the action in HD resolution1 - upload2 to YouTube via Wi-Fi
The Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ pro will be available in black and is available from Rogers starting at $49.99 on a three year voice plan.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2010.
The Liquid Identity and Liquid Energy logos and Vivaz are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony and "make.believe" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Facebook is a trademark or registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a trademark or registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. YouTube and Picasa are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson is a 50/50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson established in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London and operations in major markets around the world. Sony Ericsson's strategy is to become the industry leader in mobile Communication Entertainment, through new styles of interaction across the internet and social media. Sony Ericsson offers exciting consumer experiences through innovative and feature rich phones, accessories, content and applications
- 720p video recording; display rendering is nHD (640x360 pixel ratio)
- Compatible data service plan and network coverage required. Additional charges may apply.
- Requires a compatible 802.11b or 802.11g access point and internet connection.
- Viewable area measured diagonally.
For further information: For further information: