TORONTO, Dec. 28 /CNW/ - For gym owners, the happiest time of the year is January - when holiday cheer turns to regret and many renew their pledge to finally get in shape.
This year, we'd like to provide your readers with a better approach to their New Years resolutions… Escaping outdoors and embracing Ontario's winter wonderlands to help shed unwanted weight or kick-start your 2011 fitness plan.
Consider that on average, outdoor activities like cross-country skiing and snowshoeing burn 20 percent more calories than the treadmill. With that in mind, it's time to stop wasting money on under-used gym memberships or exercise equipment and get outside where the health benefits are just as good - if not better.
We'd be pleased to coordinate an "interactive" interview in the snow with Collingwood-based holistic fitness coach, Sarah Heipel who can demonstrate and speak to the whole health (and fun!) benefits of winter activities.
Great ideas for activities with Sarah include:
- Hitting snowshoe or cross-country ski trails at Horseshoe Valley (in Barrie) and/or Collingwood for a first-hand tutorial
- The ultimate workout with a view - snowshoeing across Ontario's longest suspension bridge overlooking the Niagara Escarpment (at Blue Mountain)
- Ideal ways to unwind post workout when you're in snow country (hot tubbing, cocoa by the fire, decadent and therapeutic spas in the area)
Sarah can speak to:
- The health benefits of working out outdoors in addition to / or instead of at the gym
- How to get the most out of your winter workout
- Proper winter dressing, hydrating and fuelling for a winter workout
- Ways to get the entire family moving - outdoor fitness for every age group
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited members of the media/
For further information: For further information:
to arrange an interview or coordinate a trip to the regions mentioned above, please contact:
Lisa Raffaele | O: 416.360.6522 x351 | C: 647.896.0743 | email@example.com