- First bank to launch envelope-free and image-enabled touch screen ATMs across Canada
- Plans to update Canadian ATM network by the end of 2015
TORONTO, Dec. 2, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today announced its new ATM Green Machines® featuring touch screens, envelope-free deposits and the ability to view scanned cheque images and itemized cash on the transaction receipt.
"We're very excited to unveil our new ATMs which give our customers quick access to cash and make depositing at the ATM faster and more convenient," said Jim Grimmer, Head of North American ATM, TD. "We're thrilled to be the first bank to launch this innovative functionality across Canada, giving customers another reason to bank with us."
As part of the initial rollout, TD will install 25 new envelope-free and image-enabled ATMs in nine locations across Canada and plans to update all other Canadian ATMs by the end of 2015. TD's 25 new ATMs will be installed in the following locations between now and December 11, 2013:
- King and Bay Concourse - 55 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario
- Highway 7 and Pine Valley - 4499 Highway 7, Woodbridge, Ontario
- Milverton and Highway 10 - 20 Milverton Drive, Mississauga, Ontario
- Springdale Square Shopping Centre - 55 Mountain Ash Road, Brampton, Ontario
- Finch and McCowan - 1571 Sandhurst Circle Scarborough, Ontario
- Lasalle - 8459 Boul. Newman Lasalle, Québec
- Jean-Talon and Querbes - 525 Rue Jean Talon O, Montreal, Québec
- Galeries Leger - 6168 Henri Bourassa Blvd. E, Montreal, Québec
- TD Tower Pacific Centre - 700 W Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC
TD's new ATMs allow customers to track deposits by having an image of the cheques deposited on their receipt, making record-keeping easier and more convenient. This innovative solution allows customers to insert multiple cheques or cash without using an envelope.
"We know customers will appreciate the convenience and added assurance of having a photographic record of their deposit. Our new ATM receipts will make organizing bank deposits easier and give our customers peace of mind in knowing their cheques and cash have been received safely and securely," added Grimmer. "Not only are envelope-free deposits better for the environment, they also speed up the time it takes to make a deposit at the ATM."
In addition to ATMs, TD customers can bank at more than 1,170 TD Canada Trust branches with the best hours in banking, as well as through free 24/7 live customer service via phone and free online, mobile and tablet banking.
About TD Green Machines®:
- TD Canada Trust was the first bank in Canada to rollout ATMs in 1976 and to date has more than 2,800 ATMs across the country.
- In 2012, TD customers deposited more than 40 million cheques using a TD ATM.
- All TD Green Machine ATMs are powered by clean, renewable energy to reduce our carbon footprint. TD's new envelope-free capabilities will save more than 400,000 lbs. of paper each year.
- TD Green Machines® operate in five languages including: English, French, Chinese, Italian and Portuguese. Customers can also change PIN, set up a favorite withdrawal, deposit and withdraw in one transaction.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$835 billion in assets on July 31, 2013.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
Image with caption: "TD Canada Trust today announced its new ATM Green Machines® featuring touch screens, envelope-free deposits and the ability to view scanned cheque images and itemized cash on the transaction receipt. (Credit: PHILIP CHEUNG ) (CNW Group/TD Bank Group)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131202_C6724_PHOTO_EN_34173.jpg
SOURCE: TD Bank Group
For further information:
TD Bank Group
416 308 7097