- TD Canada Trust scored highest among Canada's "Big Five" retail banks across all six categories of coveted annual customer satisfaction study -
TORONTO, July 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Building on its position as Canada's most comfortable bank, TD Canada Trust has been awarded top ranking in customer satisfaction among the Big Five banks for the seventh year in a row by J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction StudySM.
TD Canada Trust ranked first in all six categories, including facility, product offerings, problem resolution, account information, account activities and fees.
"On behalf of everyone at TD Canada Trust, we'd like to say thank you to our customers for recognizing our deep commitment to service and convenience," says Tim Hockey, Group Head, Canadian Banking and President and CEO, TD Canada Trust. "That goes hand-in-hand with a huge thank you to our employees - both on the front lines and behind the scenes - who are passionate about delivering on that promise, every single day."
"This ranking is particularly meaningful to us because our strategy and brand are so focused on delivering legendary customer experiences," he added.
Some highlights on TD's service and convenience:
- TD is open 50% longer than the competition, with a quarter of our branches open seven days a week so we can serve customers at their convenience.
- TD is opening over 20 more branches in 2012, for a total network of over 1,150.
- TD has embraced social media as yet another way for our customers to connect with us and recently launched the TD Helps online community. Customers can ask questions and get advice to make better informed financial decisions on topics ranging from buying a first home to retirement. This is in addition to our dedicated social media customer service team in Canada, responding to customers from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week.
- TD was the first in Canada to offer a mobile banking app with integrated trading and personal banking services, which has been downloaded more than 3 million times.
- TD offers more than 2,700 ATMs, as well as EasyWeb Internet and EasyLine telephone for round-the-clock banking.
"At TD, we aspire to be the better bank, and that means never resting on our laurels", said Hockey. "We are constantly looking for ways to keep elevating the customer experience."
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience, through 24/7 mobile, Internet, and telephone banking, as well as through 2,700 ATMs and in 1,150 branches offering convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
For further information: