Reports detail the impact of the bank's commitment to helping customers, communities and colleagues thrive in a changing world
TORONTO, March 6, 2020 /CNW/ - Today, TD Bank Group (TD) released two reports detailing the bank's efforts towards fulfilling its purpose to help enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
To help illustrate this commitment, the 2019 Environmental, Social and Governance Report, titled "Value Tomorrow," details how TD is working to help create value for the long term.
Also released today, TD issued a second report measuring its corporate citizenship platform, the TD Ready Commitment. The 2019 TD Ready Commitment Report highlights the impact of the bank's corporate citizenship platform, aimed at helping to open doors to a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow in the areas of environmental stewardship, diversity and inclusion, health outcomes, and financial education.
"TD has a long history of responsibly managing the environmental, social and community impacts of our business," said Norie Campbell, Group Head, Customer & Colleague Experience, TD Bank Group. "These reports provide examples of our commitment to leading with purpose and investing in what matters to our colleagues, customers and communities."
Key highlights for the 2019 fiscal year, ending October 31, 2019, include:
- TD was listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the sixth consecutive year.
- TD actively participates in the global dialogue to address climate risk and is involved in all the United Nations' Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) groups focused on lending, investing and insurance.
- Also published today, TD released the 2019 Managing Climate-Related Risks and Opportunities report, which provides an update on TD's progress implementing recommendations from the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Since 2017, TD has contributed more than $43 billion of its $100 billion target by 2030 to help support a transition to a low-carbon economy through lending, financing, asset management and internal corporate programs.
- TD furthered its support for cleantech solutions across the technology ecosystem by acting as a major investor in the second closing of ArcTern Ventures' Fund II, reaching its $200 million target fund size, positioning it as the largest cleantech venture fund in Canada to date and among the leading cleantech venture funds in the world.
- Through the TD Ready Commitment, TD contributed $126 million in 2019 to organizations across North America and the United Kingdom which are working to help create a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow.
- In its second year, the TD Ready Challenge awarded a total of $10 million in grants to 10 non-profits ($1 million each) to support their innovative, scalable solutions that focus on preventative efforts aimed at reducing the onset, development and severity of chronic diseases and other illnesses, to help increase equitable health outcomes for society.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD" or the "Bank"). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 26 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.), and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with more than 13 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$1.5 trillion in assets on January 31, 2020. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
About TD Global Corporate Citizenship
TD has a long-standing commitment to enriching the lives of its customers, colleagues and communities. As part of its corporate citizenship platform, the TD Ready Commitment, TD is targeting CDN $1 billion (US $775 million) in total by 2030 towards community giving in four areas critical to opening doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow – Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities and Better Health. Through the TD Ready Commitment, TD aspires to link its business, philanthropy and human capital to help people feel more confident - not just about their finances, but also in their ability to achieve their personal goals in a changing world. For further information, visit www.td.com/tdreadycommitment.
SOURCE TD Bank Group