TD opens new location at UBC Wesbrook Village community, offering greater convenience for students, faculty and residents
10 Sep, 2018, 11:45 ET
During opening, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation presented $10,000 cheque to Pacific Spirit Park Society
VANCOUVER, Sept. 10, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, TD officially opened its first branch serving UBC in the new community of Wesbrook. The branch, located at 3308 Shrum Lane, Wesbrook Village (corner of Shrum Lane and Berton Avenue) is conveniently located close to shops, amenities, residences and the UBC main campus.
"The whole team at TD is thrilled to put down roots in this unique neighbourhood," said Karen So, Branch Manager. "UBC and the neighbouring Wesbrook Village will be major growth markets for us, so adding this location for our customers will offer even greater convenience for students, faculty, residents and small businesses. The TD Help and Advice Centre will offer convenience and easy access to TD's full service offering - from everyday banking, to small business banking to financial planning and mortgages."
More comfort, convenience and sustainable attributes include:
- An inviting, open concept feel encourages collaboration and conversation so our customers can get the meaningful, personalized advice they need.
- Energy-efficient design helps reduce the branch's environmental footprint and reinforces our commitment to sustainability and the environment.
- A customer lounge with a beverage station offers a comfortable space to gather or wait for an appointment with access to free WIFI.
- Sustainable interior elements like responsibly sourced wood finishes, recycled materials and low-energy lighting.
- A flexible, scalable design means everything – including the walls, fixtures and wickets – is movable. This flexibility allows the branch to easily grow and adapt along with the needs of the community.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation presented a cheque for $10,000 to Pacific Spirit Park Society to develop a Citizen Science Program.
As part of TD's extended hours, the branch is open 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Thursday and Friday; and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features three full-service ATMs, with one dispensing US currency. Employees at TD Wesbrook Village speak multiple languages including English, French, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 12 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America. Mutual Funds Representatives with TD Investment Services Inc. distribute mutual funds at TD Canada Trust.
SOURCE TD Canada Trust
For further information: To contact the branch: Karen So, Branch Manager, TD Canada Trust, 604-678-9571 ext. 250, [email protected]
Share this article