CAMPBELL RIVER, B.C., Nov. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - TD today officially opened its newest full-service branch in Campbell River's Timberline Village Shopping Centre with a donation to the Greenways Land Trust. Located at 801 Hilchey Road, on the corner of Hilchey Road and South Dogwood Street, the new branch is conveniently located and boasts beautiful views of the Beaver Lodge Forest Lands, a 415-hectare hiking and recreation area.
"We are excited about TD's stunning new location in Campbell River which is adjacent to the Beaver Lodge Lands," said Susan Eastland, Branch Manager. "We look forward to offering comfort and convenience to the many students, seniors, professionals and small business owners in and around the Willow Point area."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station and magazine rack lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A community boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A community mural with a 1920s photo celebrating the history of Campbell River.
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Nov. 30, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to Greenways Land Trust Adopt-a-Trail program as part of TD's ongoing commitment to the environment and the community. Greenways Land Trust is a local non-profit organization that has a long history of working closely with the public as an advocate for healthy urban green spaces and watersheds.
Greenways Land Trust currently holds a trail maintenance agreement with the Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resources Operations for the Beaver Lodge Forest Lands. The Adopt-a-Trail program provides training and education to people using the area for recreation, to help protect this important area for future generations.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, the branch is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features one full-service Green Machine ATM and one drive-thru ATM available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
SOURCE: TD Canada Trust
For further information:
To contact the branch:
TD Canada Trust
Manager, Corporate Communications
TD Bank Group