New, state-of-the-art branch will serve growing community of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE, AB, Dec. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust celebrated today, the grand opening of their new state-of-the-art branch in Lethbridge Highlands with a $5,000 donation to the Helen Schuler Nature Centre, courtesy of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. An urban nature centre delivering a range of interpretive programs, it serves the community of Lethbridge to provide first-hand opportunities to experience the local natural environment.
"This marks the fourth TD Canada Trust branch to open in the City of Lethbridge. To show our appreciation and commitment to the community, we've chosen to support an organization that is important to residents," said Monique Bateman, Senior Vice President, Prairie Region, TD Canada Trust. "As the community grows, we're growing along with it, and we plan to do so in a sustainable manner, both in how we operate and through our continued support of local environmental initiatives."
"We are very thrilled to join with TD and the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. The commitment TD demonstrates towards the environment on all levels complements our mission and vision of having our community appreciate nature and to want to learn more about the environment starting locally," says Becky Little, Volunteer and Development Coordinator, Helen Schuler Nature Centre. "We are looking forward to having TD on our journey with the Extreme by Nature program and welcoming them into our family of staff, volunteers and community partners."
TD opened its first branch in Lethbridge nearly 65 years ago. The new full-service branch is open seven days a week to serve customers at their convenience, and has a number of unique features:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A community boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families and TD partners. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities, a printer and a fax machine.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours the branch is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM and a drive-through Green Machine ATM which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8.5 million online customers. TD had CDN$806 billion in assets on July 31, 2012.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE: TD Canada Trust
For further information: