RICHMOND, BC, Jan. 21, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today officially opened its newest state-of-the-art branch in Richmond's Coppersmith Plaza. Located at 11300 Steveston Highway, the new branch is full service, open seven days a week and has a number of features unique to TD Canada Trust branches.
"The open and spacious design of our branch gives us the opportunity to serve our customers better within a relaxed, laid back atmosphere that's warm, friendly and welcoming," said Nirupa Nystad, Branch Manager. "We look forward to offering comfort and convenience to residents and meeting the growing financial needs of this thriving community."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station and magazine rack lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A community boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to the Burns Bog Conservation Society as part of TD's ongoing commitment to the environment and the community.
Situated in the community of Coppersmith in Richmond, the branch serves a growing and vibrant community. Many of the customers served are new to Canada and to meet the financial needs of the growing demographic, most branch employees speak at least two languages, including English and Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi or Hindi.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, the branch is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 12:00p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
For further information:
To contact the branch:
TD Canada Trust
Manager, Corporate Communications
TD Bank Group