TD Friends of the Environment Foundation donates to Centennial High School Green Earth program
CALGARY, Dec. 15, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust celebrated today, the official grand opening of its new state-of-the-art branch in the SW suburb of Calgary. Located at Unit 620 - 19369 Sheriff King Street, SW, Calgary, Alberta, the new branch is full-service and open seven days a week to serve the needs of the growing community.
"We've opened several new branches in Calgary and area this year and we continue to expand our offerings to serve customers at a time and place that works for them," said Joe Culos, Vice President Distribution Support, Prairie Region, TD Canada Trust. "The new branch in Silverado is located conveniently to serve customers in Calgary's south end and nearby rural communities."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
- A Kids' Area equipped with books for waiting children.
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
In addition to the grand opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to the Centennial High School Green Earth program. The Green Earth program couples the academic study of Biology and Chemistry with the hands-on experiential study of wildlife and environmental stewardship. It offers students the opportunity to challenge themselves physically and academically, gain skills in personal development, leadership, outdoor travel, team work and much more, while learning how to think innovatively about global and local issues.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours the branch is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8.5 million online customers. TD had CDN$806 billion in assets on July 31, 2012.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE: TD Canada Trust
For further information:
For branch inquiries:
Maggie Dominik, Branch Manager
TD Canada Trust
403-503-4480 ext 250
For media inquiries:
TD Bank Group