SASKATOON, SK, Oct. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust celebrates today the grand opening of a new, full-service branch in Saskatoon, SK located at 121 Betts Avenue. In recognition of the event, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to Confederation Park Community School outdoor community garden and outdoor classroom projects.
"We're pleased to be able to serve the banking needs of customers whenever and wherever they want to bank with us," said Joe Culos, Vice President Distribution Support, TD Canada Trust, Prairie Region. "This new branch means another convenient location where we can welcome our Saskatoon customers and provide them with exceptional service, great advice and comfortable banking."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks and in front of customers.
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A customer lounge with coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- An automatic coin counter available to customers to bring unwrapped mixed coins to sort and exchange for bills or to deposit into their account.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours the branch is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM and drive-through ATM available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The $5,000 donation to Confederation Park Community School outdoor garden and outdoor classroom project is part of TD's strong commitment to the environment and the community. Funds will be used to maintain the gardens and the purchase of seeds, plants and equipment.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
About TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
Since 1990, TD FEF has provided more than $60 million in funding to more than 21,000 environmental projects across Canada. In 2012, TD FEF provided more than $4.8 million in support of 1,089 projects. Thousands of donors give to TD FEF on a monthly basis and TD Bank Group contributes in excess of $1 million annually. TD also covers the management costs of running TD FEF, which guarantees 100 per cent of every dollar donated goes directly to funding environmental projects and programs. For more information on how to donate, visit www.tdfef.com.
SOURCE: TD Canada Trust
For further information:
For branch inquiries:
David Schmirler, Branch Manager
TD Canada Trust
306.975.7431 ext 250
For media inquiries:
TD Bank Group