New, state-of-the-art branch will serve growing suburb of Calgary
CALGARY, July 21, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust celebrated today, the grand opening of their new state-of-the-art branch in Royal Oak with a $5,000 donation to the Royal Oak School Wetlands Project, courtesy of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation. The cutting-edge project teaches students how to promote and protect this fragile ecosystem with the vision of creating an interpretive walk which incorporates signage using QR codes linking to student writing and art.
"TD is honoured to be a part of the Royal Oak Community and to show our appreciation, we chose to support a visionary project we hope makes a real impact on local residents and their environment," said Monique Bateman, Senior Vice President, Prairie Region, TD Canada Trust. "As a customer-focused business, we're always aiming to be the better bank, but it's also important we're being a great neighbour."
Royal Oak's grand opening celebration falls on the heels of TD's first place ranking from J.D. Power and Associates for the seventh consecutive year, announced earlier this week. TD Canada Trust ranked first in all six categories, including facility, product offerings, problem resolution, account information, account activities and fees. The new branch is full service, is open seven days a week to serve customers at their convenience, and has a number of unique features.
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A community boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families and TD partners. This room is available free-of-charge.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the local area. The current display features projects funded by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours the branch is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a full-service Green Machine ATM and a drive-through Green Machine ATM which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8 million online customers. TD had CDN$773 billion in assets on April 30, 2012.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges
SOURCE: TD Bank Group
For further information:
To contact the branch:
403 292 1186 x250
TD Bank Group