Several TDAM funds named winners in key categories
TORONTO, Dec. 3 /CNW/ - TDAM, the manager of TD Mutual Funds, was named "Morningstar Fixed Income Fund Manager of the Year" at the 16th annual Canadian Investment Awards in Toronto.
"To be recognized with this award is a terrific acknowledgement of the breadth and depth of our fund offering, our client focus and our commitment to investment excellence - the driving forces in our business," said Thomas Dyck, President of TD Mutual Funds. "Our fixed income team, led by Satish Rai, Chief Investment Officer, TDAM and Ken Miner, Vice Chair, TDAM, is truly best-in-class, offering end-to-end strength in a lineup, which includes the TD Canadian Bond Fund, TD Corporate Bond Capital Yield Fund and the TD Income Advantage Portfolio."
Several of TDAM's funds were also named winners in the following categories:
- TD Monthly Income Fund - Canadian Balanced, managed by Doug Warwick, Managing Director, TDAM, Greg Kocik, Managing Director, TDAM, Michael Lough, Vice-President and Director, TDAM, and Geoff Wilson, Managing Director, TDAM
- TD Canadian Bond Fund - Canadian Fixed Income, managed by Satish Rai, Chief Investment Officer, TDAM, and Geoff Wilson, Managing Director, TDAM
- TD Health Sciences Fund - Healthcare, managed by TDAM, sub-advised by Kris Jenner, Vice President, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
"With balanced and fixed income funds attracting the majority of industry net sales this year, our leadership in both of these categories is a strong recognition of how we're meeting the needs of investors today," added Dyck.
The following TDAM funds were also named as finalists:
- TD US Mid-Cap Growth Fund - US Small/Mid Cap Equity, managed by TDAM, sub-advised by Brian Berghuis, Vice President, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- TD European Growth Fund - European Equity, managed by Simone Loke, Vice-President and Director, TDAM and Carrie Yakimovich, Vice-President, TDAM
About TD Mutual Funds
Under the TD Mutual Funds name, TDAM provides a diverse range of over 70 mutual funds and 25 professionally managed portfolios. TDAM manages retail mutual fund assets on behalf of more than 1.4 million investors and TD Mutual Funds is one of the most broadly diversified fund families in Canada. Funds are available at TD Canada Trust branches (through TD Investment Services Inc. representatives), TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage, Financial Planning and Private Investment Advice, as well as leading investment dealers, independent brokers, advisors and financial planners. As of November 30 2010, TDAM was the fourth largest mutual fund company in Canada, with over $59 billion invested in TD Mutual Funds.
For further information: For further information:
Maria Leung, TD Bank Financial Group, 416-983-4093, email@example.com