TORONTO, Dec. 30, 2015 /CNW/ - The Toronto Taxi Alliance (TTA) has developed a list of suggested "2016 New Year's Resolutions," to improve customer service and is sharing them with the industry in an effort to address some of the most common complaints heard in the past year.
"We've heard lots from the public this year, and we are listening," says Sam Moini, spokesperson for the TTA. "We have developed a 6 Point Plan to promote positive changes in the taxi industry. While public safety remains the taxi industry's most important concern, our 6 Point Plan will focus on:
- accepting the first available customer regardless of where they are going;
- providing cars which are clean inside and out;
- maintaining a courteous, attentive attitude;
- ensuring drivers' cellphones are turned off while a customer is aboard;
- readily accept all forms of payment – cash, credit card or debit;
- respecting cyclists and staying out of bike lanes.
"From street hails to telephone dispatch to smartphone apps and all other innovations of the taxi industry across the decades, we have worked to evolve and improve service levels. Toronto has one of the best taxi services in the world that is fully inclusive; but we can do better, and we are listening to consumers."
Moini notes that Toronto's licensed taxi industry continues to invest in and deliver fundamental services residents have come to expect from ground transportation providers including:
- inclusive, traditional services to seniors and individuals who can't access smart phone apps;
- inclusive payment options by cash, credit or debit card;
- inclusive, on-demand accessible service for people with disabilities;
- maintaining licensed, inspected vehicles;
- providing drivers who have extensive police background checks;
- operating with expensive commercial insurance for the safety of the public.
To read more detail on each of the six points, please click here to read the backgrounder.
SOURCE Toronto Taxi Alliance
For further information: Rita Smith at 647 242 5505 or [email protected]