OTTAWA, March 6, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Does your organization help one or more of the following groups?
- Indigenous peoples
- Newcomers to Canada or refugees
- Students and youth
- Persons with disabilities
- Housing insecure, homeless, or individuals staying in a shelter
- Modest income Canadians
If so, then we want to help you! Through our Outreach Program, we offer free, in-person visits to organizations across Canada to help make sure that people in need get benefits and credits.
Whether you're a government department or a non-government organization, our outreach officers are available to host a booth or give a presentation at your next event. We'll answer your benefit and credit questions, and bring information materials that highlight the different payments and how to continue getting them.
But, it doesn't stop there. We'll also tell you more about free tax clinics where people with a modest income and a simple tax situation may be able to get their taxes done by community volunteers! And, as an organization, you can even host your own free tax clinic for the people in your community.
Don't delay, request a visit from a Canada Revenue Agency outreach officer at canada.ca/cra-outreach
- Follow the CRA on Facebook
- Follow the CRA on Twitter – @CanRevAgency
- Follow the CRA on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader
- You can also watch our tax-related videos on YouTube
SOURCE Canada Revenue Agency
For further information: For general inquiries: Canada Revenue Agency, 1-800-959-8281; For reporters: Media Relations, 613-948-8366, [email protected]