Grant Thornton LLP to comment on Coronavirus, climate change, gender equality, Home Buyers' Plan, Amazon Effect, entrepreneurship, investment flowing out of Canada and SRED
TORONTO, ON, March 12, 2020 /CNW/ - Tax specialists from Grant Thornton LLP are available from coast-to-coast to provide insight on the 2020 federal budget. They can speak to a range of issues including those that will have the greatest impact on Canadian families, businesses and the economy.
SOME OF THE TOPICS THEY CAN SPEAK TO THAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE 2020 FEDERAL BUDGET
- Tax impacts and supply challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Climate Change
- How Canadian businesses can help mitigate the impact of climate change
- Gender Equality Related to Partner/Spouse Economic Parity
- Assigning an economic value to the contribution an entrepreneur's partner/spouse contributes to the entrepreneur and to their family
- Home Buyers' Plan
- Revamping the homebuyer program: Home ownership incentives that work across Canada
- Amazon Effect
- How Canada can protect itself from the Amazon Effect
- Entrepreneurs and Doctors Leaving Canada & Moving From One Province to Another
- How to reverse the declining rate of entrepreneurship in Canada
- How tax policy is driving entrepreneurs (and doctors) out of Canada to the US and from one province to another
- Investment Flowing Out of Canada
- How Canadian tax policy is driving investment out of and away from Canada
- How Canada can drive innovation via SRED and other government incentives
- PRE-BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS: Tax specialists are available from today through budget day to provide you with commentary on federal budget-related issues and what they believe should be in the federal budget to drive Canada's growth and economic prosperity.
- BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS IN TORONTO (9AM – 4PM EDT): Tax specialists will be available to provide media with commentary on a wide range of personal finance, business, and economic issues on Budget Day in Toronto while media are in lock-up.
- BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS POST-LOCK-UP (STARTING AT 4:45PM EDT): Tax specialists will be available to participate in live budget shows and provide both commentary and analysis on the issues included in the 2020 federal budget.
- POST BUDGET DAY INTERVIEWS: Tax specialists can provide further commentary and post-budget day analysis on how the budget will impact Canadian families, businesses and the economy in the days after the budget has been tabled.
RECAP OF THE TRUDEAU GOVERNMENT'S MOST SIGNIFICANT TAX CHANGES IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS
Grant Thornton LLP recently published The Last Four Years: A Look Back at Canadian Tax Policy Under Prime Minister Trudeau's Government. This report showcases and dissects all the substantial changes to tax policy starting from when The Liberal Party won the 2015 federal election pledging to ease the financial burden of "middle class" Canadians and raise taxes on the wealthiest one percent to where we are today and what might be in store for Canada in the years ahead.
About Grant Thornton LLP in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing accounting, audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member and correspondent firms operate in over 130 countries worldwide. A listing of Grant Thornton offices and contact information can be found at: www.GrantThornton.ca.
SOURCE Grant Thornton LLP
For further information: or to arrange an interview please contact: Aby Bueno, Broad Reach Communications, T: 416-858-3135, E: [email protected]