TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2017 /CNW/ - It's pure and simple: to make a great tasting pizza, you need high-quality, great tasting ingredients. That's why Pizza Nova's Puro Promise pledges to deliver only the freshest, best tasting, highest-quality ingredients from farmers and producers who share the company's commitment to quality and taste. The Puro Promise is Pizza Nova's way of giving its customers a premium, great tasting indulgence they can feel good about.
When it comes to premium ingredients and ethically sourced proteins, Pizza Nova is leading the Canadian pizza industry, becoming the first Canadian pizza company to introduce:
- Pepperoni from beef and pork raised without antibiotics or hormones. Staying true to Pizza Nova's original 50-year-old pepperoni recipe that features a combination of beef and pork, Pizza Nova now uses only Canadian raised, vegetable grain-fed proteins.
- Real Bacon from pork raised without antibiotics. Pizza Nova's premium centre-cut bacon strips are only sourced from Canadian pork raised without the use of antibiotics. The result – great tasting, high-quality bacon Canadians can feel good about.
- Chicken Wings from chicken raised without antibiotics. Pizza Nova perfected the ideal complement to any pizza by sourcing all chicken wings from Canadian chickens raised without the use of antibiotics. Offering two varieties of bone-in chicken wings: Traditional, which customers can enjoy plain or tossed with one of Pizza Nova's six sauces, and Roasted Italian.
- Grilled Chicken from chicken raised without antibiotics. As a pizza topping or in a salad or sandwich, all of Pizza Nova's premium, great tasting grilled chicken is ethically sourced from Canadian chickens raised without the use of antibiotics.
- Smoked Ham from pork raised without antibiotics. Enjoyed on one of the top selling pizzas (Hawaiian), Pizza Nova's smoked ham is sourced from Canadian pork raised without the use of antibiotics
Pizza Nova Puro Promise
"Our customers want quality, and they care about the ingredients in their favourite foods," says Domenic Primucci, President, Pizza Nova. "Pure, high-quality ingredients have always been a differentiating factor for Pizza Nova, and are the foundation of everything we serve. The Puro Promise symbolizes this commitment and it's a promise we're proud to keep – delivering fresh, quality ingredients from the farm, to our pizzas, to your table."
High quality, great-tasting ingredients
The Puro Promise is about more than proteins. It's about sourcing only the best ingredients and using recipes and preparation methods that ensure freshness to deliver the ultimate taste experience to Canadians. The secret to Pizza Nova's best tasting pizza is the foundation of any pizza: dough, cheese and last, but certainly not least, the sauce. Dough is hand-tossed and made fresh daily using wheat from the Canadian Prairies, and is topped with 100% Mozzarella cheese from Canadian dairy farmers. But, according to Primucci, it's the signature sauce that has helped Pizza Nova grow from a small family business in 1963 to one of the country's biggest pizza companies.
Pizza Nova only uses Non-GMO tomatoes that are harvested once perfectly vine-ripened by the California sun. They're packed within 6 hours of being picked to maintain a fresh taste of summer all year long. If you look at a jar of Pizza Nova's Homestyle Tomato Sauce, you'll see only four ingredients in addition to the tomatoes: extra virgin olive oil, roasted garlic, fresh basil and sea salt. This sauce is the perfect example of how delicious simple, premium ingredients can be.
About Pizza Nova
Founded in 1963, Pizza Nova started in Toronto and has since expanded to over 140 locations in Southern Ontario. The family-operated business is well known for its quality ingredients, serving 5 million pizzas annually, and offering a wide range of menu items including pizza, fresh salads, lasagna, panzerotti, toasted Panuozzo sandwiches, chicken wings, chicken pollini and FOCACCIA BARESE™. They are also the official pizza of the Toronto Blue Jays, TIFF, a major sponsor of the CNE, and proud supporters of Variety Village Children's Charity and Villa Charities.
SOURCE Pizza Nova
For further information: or to arrange an interview with Domenic Primucci, please contact: Vanessa Powell, Strategic Objectives, Tel: (416) 366-7735 x247, Email: [email protected]