MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 13, 2014 /CNW/ - With the holidays upon us, Target Canada is focused on providing guests with the best products, superior deals and an unparalleled shopping experience. With exclusive partnerships, an amazing assortment of gift ideas and exciting in-store activities, Target's holiday offerings are designed to "excite the kid in all of us" this season.
"The holiday season is always a very special time for our guests," said John Butcher, senior vice president, merchandising, Target Canada. "We learned a lot from our first holiday experience in Canada last year. This year, we're excited for our guests to see and experience the many improvements we've made, including more, and better, deals on the most sought-after gifts."
From apparel to home décor, entertainment and more, Target has partnered with the best and brightest to provide guests with quality designs and unbeatable prices.
- TOMS for Target – This season, guests can share in the spirit of giving by shopping the TOMS for Target collection, launching in stores across Canada on November 16. The collection, made up of over 50 items, includes apparel and accessories for men, women and kids along with home accents. Each item in the exclusive collection retails for less than $50.00. Following the one-for-one giving model, for each item purchased, Target will donate to the Canadian Red Cross or Food Banks Canada.
- Oh Joy! for Target – To mark the fourth and final installment in her collection, Joy Cho, founder and creative director of blog Oh Joy!, partnered with Target to design a colourful and festive entertaining collection perfect for easy and stylish holiday party planning.
- Fruits and Passion – Recently launched in Target Canada stores, the Fruits & Passion assortment, exclusively available at Target, includes a variety of products in four different fragrances from the bath and body collection. With prices starting at just $4.99, it makes for a perfect holiday gift this season.
- French Bull for Target – Just in time for the holidays, Target has launched an exclusive and colourful collection of French Bull appliances in partnership with designer Jackie Shapiro. The collection features a toaster, blender, coffee maker and crockpot, with each product available for $39.99.
- Nate Berkus for Target – Always a favourite among guests, the Nate Berkus holiday collection is sure to help elevate one's home with touches of faux fur, gold and black accents and gem inlays.
- Beaver Canoe for Target – The holiday home décor collection features a mix of traditional colours and classic motifs such as contemporary plaids and Nordic prints, creating a warm, cozy aesthetic during the cooler months.
Toys that Top the List
Kids of all ages will 'wish big' as they flip through Target's 40-page toy catalogue, now live on Target.ca. The 2014 Target Toy Catalogue, featuring the hottest toys of the season with over 45 exclusive to Target, also includes additional coupons and promotions adding up to over $1,000 in savings. The top toys for 2014 from Target include:
- Barbie Glam Camper $87.99
- Disney 7 Pack Ultimate Princess Collection with Frozen (Target Exclusive) $69.99
- Fisher Price Laugh 'N Learn Song & Story Chair $39.99
- Frozen Snow Glow Elsa Doll Frozen $39.99
- FurReal Friends Get up & GoGo $49.99
- Hot Wheels Race Super Looper Race Track $44.99
- Leapfrog Leap TV Hardware $159.99 + get an instant $20 gift card
- Lego City Helicopter Transporter $54.99 + get an instant $10 Gift Card
- Littlest Pet Shop The Pet Shop Style Assortment $39.99
- Marvel Titan 12" 6-pack (Target Exclusive) $59.99 + get an instant $10 gift card
- Transformers Stomp and Chomp Grimlock $59.99
Target has created more ways than ever for guests to get unbeatable deals all season long. From weekly specials to Black Friday door crashers, Target is the go-to destination for holiday savings this year.
Black Friday: To help offer guests the best deals, Target is offering Black Friday-like savings early this year. Beginning on November 24, guests will have access to incredible savings, with some items marked up to 90% off, leading up to the unofficial 'kick off' of holiday shopping.
Then, on November 28, Target will celebrate Black Friday by offering deep discounts on many holiday items, while supplies last.
REDcard Rewards: Guests who shop with their Target RBC MasterCard or Target Debit Card already save 5% on nearly all purchases at Target, applied instantly at the time of purchase, on top of Target's already low prices. In addition to the everyday discount, there are more incredible deals exclusive to REDcard holders for the holidays:
- Valid for the entire month of December, REDcard holders will receive a one-time use coupon for an additional 5% savings, on top of the 5% every day savings when purchasing with the Target REDcard.
- Receive a FREE KitchenAid coffee grinder with the purchase of a KitchenAid coffee maker
- Save $4 with any purchase of two Carlton Cards
- Free tall Starbucks handcrafted beverage
Holiday Price Match Policy: This season, guests can shop with confidence knowing that Target has unbeatable prices on holiday gifts, apparel home décor and more. In addition to our everyday low prices, if a guest purchases a qualifying item at Target between November 1 and December 24 and then finds it for less or in a local competitor's printed ad, Target will match that price.
Excite the Kid in All of Us
Target's holiday marketing campaign is designed to excite the kid in all of us with more surprises, magic and fun than ever before. Target is encouraging people of all ages to let loose, get into the spirit and feel the unmistakable joy of the holiday season through colourful campaigns, surprise and delight moments and in-store engagement.
- The advertising, which began in November, boldly embraces the iconic elements that make Target, Target—using the red, white and Bullseye that guests love. The campaign will include broadcast, radio, out-of-home and digital catalogs, highlighting the season's hottest trends in holiday décor, entertaining and gift ideas.
- Calling all Elsa and Olaf fans: On Saturday, November 22, guests across Canada are invited to visit their local Target store dressed up as their favourite character from Disney's wildly popular animated movie, Frozen. Attendees can have their photos taken in front of a Frozen themed backdrop and will receive activity bags with paper crowns and antlers to continue the fun at home. Guests can follow the fun socially through #DisneyFrozenAtTarget
- This season, Target is also excited to announce that notable television host and best-selling author, Ross Mathews will be teaming up with Target to help surprise and delight Canadian guests with some holiday cheer. Additional details will be announced in the coming weeks.
For more information, or to find a store closest to you, visit target.ca
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,934 stores – 1,801 in the United States and 133 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
SOURCE: Target Canada
For further information: Contacts: Emily Vear, Target Public Relations, (289) 261-0145; Target Media Hotline, (612) 696-3400