TORONTO, March 6, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Bank Group today released its 10th annual Corporate Responsibility Report. Titled Taking Responsibility, the report details TD's social, economic and environmental performance for the 2011 fiscal year.
"We continue to demonstrate TD's commitment to corporate responsibility," said Ed Clark, Group President and CEO, TD Bank Group. "We are always working on new initiatives to make TD more sustainable, more relevant, more engaging and more involved in our communities. In other words, building The Better Bank is part of everything we do."
In 2011, we continued our work to:
- Create real value: As a major employer, purchaser, taxpayer and financial services provider, our role in the economy is extensive. In 2011, TD distributed more than $14.5 billion in direct economic value across our global operations
- Be customer-driven: We helped more than 115,000 Canadians regain control of their personal or business finances through the TD Helps program
- Build an extraordinary workplace: TD was recognized as a best employer by external organizations in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
- Be an environmental leader: We are the first bank in North America to operate net-zero facilities. Our net-zero branches, in Florida and Ontario, are designed to produce more energy than they consume
- Make an impact: We gave more than $66 million to charities and not-for-profit organizations that matter to our employees and customers to help strengthen local communities
The 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report complements TD's 2011 Annual Report to Shareholders and demonstrates TD's dedication to being a transparent and accountable organization.
- An industry leading B+ Level report checked by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Independent assurance by Ernst & Young LLP on selected performance indicators
- Interactive and social-media features that include interviews with executives, employee stories and YouTube videos.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 21.5 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Waterhouse, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 8 million online customers. TD had CDN$774 billion in assets on January 31, 2012.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
For further information:
TD Bank Group