Join more than 630,000 Canadians by signing up for the gift of convenient and reliable package delivery
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 15, 2016 /CNW/ - Just in time for the holidays, UPS My Choice® service is transforming the package delivery experience for online consumers for eligible packages. It is one of the best options for more than 630,000 Canadians, allowing them to choose delivery preferences, reroute shipments and adjust delivery locations and dates. UPS My Choice also adds visibility into scheduled deliveries helping to make sure packages are safe and secure this holiday season.
UPS My Choice members receive a text or email notification when packages are on the way. Consumers can re-direct most of their packages to a nearby UPS Access Point® location for convenient pick-up or to avoid the eyes of children hoping to discover gifts. UPS Access Point locations are local businesses such as grocery stores or pharmacies with evening and weekend hours.
"UPS My Choice gives customers the gift of convenience and flexibility," said Nicolas Dorget, vice-president of strategic alliances, UPS Canada. "UPS is focused on delivering the best service to customers that are more inclined to shop online this holiday season and UPS My Choice is a reliable and convenient solution."
UPS® recently celebrated reaching more than 500,000 UPS My Choice members throughout Canada. To celebrate this milestone, UPS Canada arranged a special delivery for one lucky UPS My Choice customer. The surprise was captured on video and can be viewed here.
Today, more than 630,000 consumers in Canada and more than 30 million around the world use UPS My Choice service.
UPS My Choice Perks:
- Delivery Alerts - Receive email or text messages about inbound UPS deliveries.
- Delivery Planner - Get a day, week or month's view of all eligible inbound UPS packages, and reschedule or redirect eligible packages as needed.
- Leave At Instructions - Tell the UPS driver where to leave the package (e.g. back porch, side of garage).
- Deliver to a UPS Access Point® Location - Have eligible packages delivered directly to a UPS Access Point location so they are attended to and not exposed to porch pirates.
- Holiday Options - Online shoppers traveling for the holidays can activate a vacation setting to have packages held at a UPS Access Point location or delivered up to two weeks after their return.
UPS My Choice service is a key feature of the UPS Mobile™ App, which is available in 16 countries, including Canada. The app is helping transform consumers' expectations for package delivery and has been downloaded more than 10 million times on iOS and Android devices.
To sign up and learn more about the UPS My Choice Service, visit ups.com/mychoice.
To view UPS Canada's year-end holiday schedule, visit holidays.ups.com/ca.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS and follow @UPS_Canada and @UPS_SmallBizCA.
SOURCE UPS Canada Ltd.
For further information: For all media inquiries, please contact: Julie Ibrahim, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905 676 1708