DUBAI, UAE, Sept. 19, 2018 /CNW/ -
- A hotel inspired by the past homes of Emirati traders opens in the heart of old Dubai: stay from just $325++
Inspired by the tradition of Emirati traders welcoming travelers into their homes, Al Seef Hotel by Jumeirah is a new charming hotel waiting to be discovered in the heart of old-Dubai.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click: https://www.multivu.com/players/uk/8405751-enchanting-arabia-al-seef-hotel-by-jumeirah/
Located in Al Seef, a bustling destination on the south banks of Dubai Creek, Al Seef Hotel by Jumeirah is spread across 10 clusters of Arabian Bayts (homes), tucked away amidst the rooftops and courtyards of a souk.
With views down into the alleyways of the souk or out across the waterways of the Creek, and a restaurant - Saba'a - that serves Emirati-inspired traditional dishes, guests can book to stay from just $325 plus government fees and taxes, as an introductory opening offer.
A unique Emirati-inspired design:
- Split across separate villas, the Arabian Bayts provide areas of peacefulness interspersed amongst vibrant walkways
- Further traditions of Emirati culture come to life behind the rough plastered walls, palm frond motifs, wooden ceilings and windows that overlook the winding outdoor corridors
- The interiors of the 180 rooms and 10 suites reflect an age of pearl trading, with a colour palette inspired by the UAE's natural environment. Historical artefacts adorn the walls, including old style light switches, rotary dial phones, hanging oil lanterns and framed photographs of the souk and creek through the years.
An Emirati inspired hospitality experience
- As hosts to our travelling guests, staff will provide advice on undiscovered places to visit, just as traders would have done in the past, but with a touch of the Jumeirah Group award-winning hospitality.
In the heart of Old Dubai:
- Only 15 minutes from Dubai International Airport, guests have the opportunity to experience Dubai's past within an environment that is peaceful and filled with design and traditions of an era gone by.
- This part of Dubai is known for its historic creek. It offers curious travelers a chance to immerse themselves in the city's history and rediscover its vibrant past through the museums, galleries, souks, traditional dhows and architecture.
- Visit the quaint Arabian Tea House Café, historical Dubai Museum and 200-year-old Al Fahidi Fort; travel across the Creek on a traditional Abra or attend events such as the Sikka Art Fair, a weeklong event which is part of a two month city-wide celebration of arts and culture taking place across March and April every year.
Alessandro Cabella, whose role as Area General Manager for Jumeirah Group includes the new hotel said: "Al Seef Hotel by Jumeirah is a real passion project. Everyone involved in bringing this idea to fruition has been inspired by the prospect of offering our guests an authentic experience inspired by the stories of Arabia. Everything within the property adds to the authenticity of the environment and experience, providing multiple opportunities for beautiful photographs, quiet nooks to relax and spaces to feel as if you have been swept away to a well-preserved gem of the past while still enjoying the modern-day comforts of our quality service."
Al Seef Hotel by Jumeirah completes a trio of hotels located in Al Seef, a destination by Meraas. The hotel joins the two recently opened hotels located at the opposite end of the destination's promenade that stretches for 1.8km alongside Dubai Creek: Zabeel House by Jumeirah Al Seef and Zabeel House MINI by Jumeirah.
SOURCE Jumeirah Group