TORONTO, Aug. 7, 2018 /CNW/ - Symbility Solutions Inc. ("Symbility") (TSX.V: SY), a global software company focused on modernizing the insurance industry, is pleased to announce that Aviva, a leading insurance company, has adopted LINK, Symbility's collaborative cloud-based platform to improve the claims experience for its UK home and commercial property customers.
Symbility LINK™ has been designed to bridge the communication gap between carriers, their supply chain partners and policyholders, bringing a world-class digital experience to the home and commercial property insurance claims process. Making a claim can often be a distressing and disruptive experience, LINK works to reduce customer friction and discomfort by making the process simpler and easier. LINK provides Aviva's customers with access to information on every aspect of their claim, no matter where they are, or what device they are using. LINK's user interface guides the policyholder through each step of the process, enabling instant and direct communication both with their insurer, and any third parties involved. Whether the policyholder is uploading damage photos and documents, sharing video content, sending messages, or simply receiving update notifications, they remain connected and involved from start to finish.
Customers will also be able to use video calling technology through the Symbility Video Connect™ platform to help speed up the claims and risk management process. For claims the roll-out for this new tech will start with Aviva's field based teams, giving them the ability to video call customers and remotely view the property. The technology is also available for Aviva Risk Management Solutions which will allow Aviva's risk consultants to provide expert advice over the phone to commercial customers, without the need to wait for a visit. Customers can connect with Aviva using live video and be advised on the risk management needs for their business, giving instant responses and reassurance.
"Ensuring that we have good communication with our customers in their time of need is an essential part of the claims process. Not only does LINK provide us with a platform for this communication, it significantly improves the claims experience for our customers when they need us the most by providing clear and simple information." said Kelly Robson, Aviva's UKGI Home Claims Director. "For Aviva and our partners, it is important to help maintain a consistent experience throughout the claims process. The software has allowed us to deliver key information to our policyholders quickly and seamlessly, resulting in reduced inbound calls from customers seeking updates, which increases our teams and partners ability to resolve claims faster."
"It has been tremendous working with Aviva and we are very excited that they have decided to utilise LINK within their broader adoption of the Symbility platform. LINK is the first product to bridge the communication gap between policyholders, their insurance company and all the parties involved in the often-complex home claims process. We are incredibly pleased with LINK's ability to create a positive user experience." said James Swayze, CEO of Symbility Solutions. "Our newly defined relationship with Aviva validates our consumer-facing product strategy and supports our growing ambition in this space. We have a very strong roadmap under development which will continue to drive value and adoption throughout our global footprint over the coming year."
Symbility (TSX.V: SY) believes in creating world-class experiences that simplify business and improve lives. With a history in modernizing insurance claims solutions for the property & casualty industry, Symbility has established itself as a partner that puts security, efficiency and customer experience first. Symbility PROPERTY™ brings smarter thinking to property insurance. Our strategic services team, Symbility INTERSECT™ empowers a variety of businesses with smarter mobile and IoT product development strategy, design thinking and engineering excellence. We push industries forward and prove that change for the better is entirely possible. symbilitysolutions.com
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva's asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
All trade names are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Symbility Solutions Inc.
For further information: James R. Swayze, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, (647) 775-8603, [email protected]; Blair R. Baxter, Chief Financial Officer, (647) 775-8608, [email protected]; Lucy De Oliveira, VP, Global Marketing, (647) 775-8607, [email protected]; Babak Pedram, Investor Relations, (416) 644-5081, [email protected]