TORONTO, April 25, 2014 /CNW/ - The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC) is pleased to announce 104 festivals and events across Ontario will receive almost $1.5 million in funding through the Tourism Event Marketing Program (TEMP) to support marketing efforts and attract more tourists.
The successful recipients represent festivals and events that occur between April 1 and August 31, 2014. Funding supports targeted marketing purchases in markets within Ontario or outside of Ontario, such as Quebec or the United States. Effective event marketing strengthens and extends Ontario's brand image and helps showcase Ontario as a four-season destination to Ontarians, and to visitors from around the world.
Each year festivals and events contribute to tourism growth in local communities across Ontario. Festivals and events offer visitors experiences that are dynamic, unique and encourage longer stays or return visits with family and friends.
Applications are now being accepted for festivals and events that occur between September 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015.
"Our government is a proud supporter of festivals and events across the province. Ontario's festivals and events deliver experiences that draw tourists to every region, create jobs and encourage repeat visits that boost the local economy. From music festivals to multicultural celebrations and culinary events, Ontario has a diversity of offerings that will be sure to appeal to everyone."
- Michael Chan, Minister of Tourism, Culture & Sport
"The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation recognizes the importance of festivals and events. We invest in programs like the Tourism Event Marketing Program to help Ontario festivals and events attract even more tourists and to promote tourism generally including, hotels, restaurants, shops and attractions in the local region."
- Ronald Holgerson, President and CEO, Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
"Festivals and events in Ontario are estimated to annually drive $2.3 billion in contribution to regional GDP, support almost 50,000 full-year-equivalent jobs and generate approximately $1 billion in taxes. Successful strategic marketing is a key element underlying these numbers and the Tourism Event Marketing Program continues to be an important contributor to the ongoing success of festivals and events in the province."
- Gary Masters, Executive Director, Festival and Events Ontario
- Since 2003, the Tourism Event Marketing Program has provided $26 million in funding to support over 1,200 festivals and events.
- Tourism in Ontario generates over $23 billion in economic activity and supports over 300,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation is an agency of the Government of Ontario with a vision to position Ontario as a preferred global destination.
- See a list of the successful 2014 Tourism Event Marketing Program recipients.
- The next deadline for TEMP is May 1, 2014.
- Learn more about OTMPC, its programs and partnership opportunities.
- Discover more about Ontario activities and destinations.
Image with caption: "Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (CNW Group/Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140425_C5183_PHOTO_EN_39646.jpg
SOURCE: Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
For further information:
Corporate Communications Manager, OTMPC