CALGARY, Alberta and HONG KONG, June 7, 2015 /CNW/ -- Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. (the "Corporation" or "Sunshine") (HKEX: 2012,TSX: SUO) made a supplemental notice of annual general meeting today. The notice is supplemental to the notice of the annual general meeting of the holders of Class "A" Common Voting Shares (the "Shareholders") of Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. (the "Corporation") dated 19 May 2015, which set outs, among other things, the convening of the annual general meeting on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (Hong Kong Time) (June 23, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. (Calgary Time)) at the United Conference Centre, Room 2, 10/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong (the "2015 AGM") and the relevant resolutions to be proposed to the Shareholders at the 2015 AGM for their consideration and approval.
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that, due to the proposed re-election of Mr. Kwok Ping Sun as a director of the Corporation at the 2015 AGM as set out below, resolution number 1 stated in the form of proxy that accompanied the Corporation's management information circular dated 19 May 2015 in respect of the 2015 AGM (the "First Proxy Form") shall be amended and replaced by the following:
1. "Fixing the number of directors of the Corporation to be elected for the ensuing year at twelve (12)."
AND SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT in addition to the resolutions contained in the First Proxy Form, the following resolution, as resolution number 8 in the second proxy form (the "Second Proxy Form"), shall be put forward to the Shareholders at the 2015 AGM:
8. "Electing Kwok Ping Sun as a director of the Corporation for the ensuing year."
- The Second Proxy Form which includes the above resolution numbers 1 and 8 is enclosed with the letter enclosing the supplemental notice of the 2015 AGM and serves as a supplement to the First Proxy Form for the 2015 AGM.
- If you have already validly appointed proxy/proxies to attend and act on your behalf at the 2015 AGM but have not completed and returned the Second Proxy Form, your proxy/proxies will have the right to vote on the resolutions set out in the supplemental notice at his/her/its discretion. If the proxy/proxies being appointed to attend the 2015 AGM under the Second Proxy Form is different from the proxy/proxies appointed under the First Proxy Form and both proxies attended the 2015 AGM, only the proxy/proxies validly appointed under the First Proxy Form shall be deemed to have the right to attend and vote at the 2015 AGM.
- Please refer to the 2015 AGM Notice and the management information circular of the Corporation, both dated 19 May 2015, for details in respect of the other resolutions to be transacted at the 2015 AGM, eligibility for attending the 2015 AGM, proxy, registration procedures, closure of register of members and other relevant matters.
The Corporation is a Calgary based public corporation, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since March 1, 2012 and the Toronto Stock Exchange since November 16, 2012. The Corporation is focused on the development of its significant holdings of oil sands leases in the Athabasca oil sands region. The Corporation owns interests in approximately one million acres of oil sands and petroleum and natural gas leases in the Athabasca region. The Corporation is currently focused on executing milestone undertakings in the West Ells project area. West Ells has an initial production target rate of 5,000 barrels per day.
FORWARD LOOKING INFORMATION
This announcement contains forward-looking information relating to, among other things, (a) the future financial performance and objectives of Sunshine; and (b) the plans and expectations of the Corporation. Such forward-looking information is subject to various risks, uncertainties and other factors. All statements other than statements and information of historical fact are forward-looking statements. The use of words such as "estimate", "forecast", "expect", "project", "plan", "target", "vision", "goal", "outlook", "may", "will", "should", "believe", "intend", "anticipate", "potential", and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on Sunshine's experience, current beliefs, assumptions, information and perception of historical trends available to Sunshine, and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to those associated with resource definition and expected reserves and contingent and prospective resources estimates, unanticipated costs and expenses, regulatory approval, fluctuating oil and gas prices, expected future production, the ability to access sufficient capital to finance future development and credit risks, changes in Alberta's regulatory framework, including changes to regulatory approval process and land-use designations, royalty, tax, environmental, greenhouse gas, carbon and other laws or regulations and the impact thereof and the costs associated with compliance. Although Sunshine believes that the expectations represented by such forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Readers are cautioned that the assumptions and factors discussed in this announcement are not exhaustive and readers are not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as the Corporation's actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Sunshine disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, subsequent to the date of this announcement, except as required under applicable securities legislation. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this announcement and are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing lists are not exhaustive and are made as at the date hereof. For a full discussion of the Corporation's material risk factors, see the Corporation's annual information form for the year ended December 31, 2014 and risk factors described in other documents we file from time to time with securities regulatory authorities, all of which are available on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange's website at www.hkexnews.hk, on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com or the Corporation's website at www.sunshineoilsands.com.
SOURCE Sunshine Oilsands Ltd.
For further information: Dr. Qi Jiang, President & Chief Operating Officer, T: +1 (587) 390-0606, E: email@example.com, http://www.sunshineoilsands.com