TORONTO, April 26, 2018 /CNW/ - Sun Life Financial Assurance Company of Canada ("Sun Life") is pleased to announce the company has been recognized as a leader in The Forrester Life Insurance Wave™: Canadian Sales Websites, Q2 2018, a report that rates where Canadian life insurance companies excel in their digital businesses. Sun Life is committed to designing user-friendly web experiences for Clients, making it easier for them to discover life insurance products and connect with Sun Life.
Forrester evaluated the websites of seven of Canada's life insurance companies, with sunlife.ca receiving the top scores in both the digital functionality and user experience criteria. Sun Life achieved an overall score of 75 out of 100 compared to the industry average of 53.
"We are thrilled to receive this recognition from Forrester as a leader in our industry. At Sun Life, we're committed to delivering remarkable digital experiences for our Clients to help them achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives," says Cynthia Stark, Vice-President, Global Digital, Brand and Marketing, Sun Life Financial. "We're continually looking to build and improve on our digital experiences so we can provide more ways for our Clients to connect with us."
Forrester evaluated 37 functionality and 33 usability criteria across three customer scenarios: finding a life insurance product, getting a life insurance quote and contacting an advisor. Sun Life achieved the top functionality score in every category and was noted for its comparison chart and advisor locator.
Stark adds, "Sun Life has been on a digital innovation journey to transform its business for our Clients." Some recent innovations and focus areas for Clients include:
- Sun Life GO - a suite of online life insurance products that Canadians can apply for in as little as 10 minutes. GO's omni-channel experience supports Canadians in the channel of their choice with access via web, phone or face-to-face to meet the needs of all types of Clients who research and buy in different ways.
- Ella - Sun Life's digital coach and persona helps Clients navigate and maximize their benefits and pension plans. She is also available through the Google Assistant, supporting Canadians in finding local healthcare practitioners.
- SecureKey - Sun Life is the first North American insurer to join forces with SecureKey for Verified.Me which uses Blockchain technology to make it easier for Clients in Canada to verify their credentials.
- mySunLife Mobile App - Sun Life’s highly rated mobile app allows Clients to submit claims, check coverage, manage workplace savings and view their investments. It can also connect individuals to a Sun Life Financial advisor.
- Digital Health Solutions - a growing business that aims to help Canadians access the latest in digital capabilities and innovations to take care of their health and well-being.
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada is a member of the Sun Life Financial group of companies.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial Inc. is a leading international financial services organization providing insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individual and corporate Clients. Sun Life Financial has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of December 31, 2017, Sun Life Financial had total assets under management of $975 billion. For more information please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
Note to Editors: All figures in Canadian dollars except as otherwise noted.
Media Relations Contact:
Tara Peever McClean
Manager, Corporate Communications
Sun Life Financial
SOURCE Sun Life Financial Canada