THORNHILL, ON, June 19, 2014 /CNW/ - Planning your dream, summer vacation can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is reminding travellers to seek advice early and make a holiday checklist.
Start by protecting your home:
- Unplug appliances like coffee makers and toasters to ensure they don't spark a fire while you are away.
- Don't leave keys on a hook by the door, this is the first place thieves look and your car could be stolen in addition to precious household items.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed and securely locked.
- Suspend newspaper subscriptions and ask a friend, neighbour or relative to collect your mail.
- Don't broadcast your travel plans on social media.
What to pack:
- Travel size toiletries
- Neck pillow and sleep mask
- Practical travel clothes
- Travel first aid kit
- Tablet loaded with favourite books, movies and games
- Chargers and adapters for your electronics
- RFID safe wallet
- Passport and travel documents
For all your travel gear, visit a CAA Travel Store near you.
Before leaving for the airport:
- Review your airline's policies for check in and carry-on luggage fees.
- Check in online and print your boarding passes at home. Arrive early for your flight to avoid long lineups.
- For carry-on items, make sure all liquid bottles are a maximum of 100 ml and fit into a 1 L clear plastic bag.
If your vacation plans take you outside of the province or the country, be sure to make travel insurance a part of your travel plans. OHIP coverage may not cover you outside of Ontario. Provincial health plans cover approximately 9 per cent of medical expenses when travelling outside of Canada.*
*Source: The Travel Health Insurance Association of Canada (2013)
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, automotive care, travel products, insurance services and member savings for more than 1.9 million members.
SOURCE: CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Media contact: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.