From Michael Bublé to Iron Maiden, this summer's most coveted tickets span all music genres and Stampede continues to drive demand in the Calgary music scene
TORONTO, June 20, 2019 /CNW/ -- StubHub, the world's largest event marketplace, released its annual summer tour preview, breaking down Canada's most in-demand acts this summer. The diverse list of performers offers a little bit of old, a little bit of new and celebrates two generations of homegrown talent.
Key findings in the preview include:
- Queen outsold the Backstreet Boys by 65 percent to decisively claim the top spot on the list
- Billie Eilish is the only teenager and the top female on the list at No. 3
- Shawn Mendes is the top Canadian on the list at No. 6
- Michael Bublé and Shawn Mendes are playing the most shows in Canada this summer
- Country star Chris Stapleton is the list's most affordable act in the country
2019 Top Selling Summer Acts Overall
Based on total sales on StubHub for Canadian tour dates from Summer Solstice (June 21) to Labour Day 2019 (September 2)
- Queen with Adam Lambert
- Backstreet Boys
- Billie Eilish
- Paul McCartney
- Shawn Mendes
- Ariana Grande
- Chris Stapleton
- Michael Bublé
- Iron Maiden
"With more access to music than ever before, Canadians are blurring generational lines and immersing themselves in the musical talents of today and yesteryear," said Paul Nowosad, General Manager of StubHub Canada. "From the timeless ballads of Queen, to the new-wave superstardom of Billie Eilish and Shawn Mendes, the diverse talent represented on this year's list are set to elevate the fan experience for concert goers from coast-to-coast."
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS FROM STUBHUB'S CANADIAN SUMMER TOUR PREVIEW:
- Queen has strong lead at No. 1: Queen with Adam Lambert topped the list by a wide margin, with 65 percent more sales than the Backstreet Boys, the list's second most in-demand act
- Billie Eilish shows age is just a number: At only 17 years old, Billie Eilish sits at No. 3 on the list, beating out female superstars Pink and Ariana Grande, who sit at No. 4 and No. 7 respectively.
- True north strong and free: Shawn Mendes and Michael Bublé, No. 6 and No. 9 respectively, are the only Canadian performers on the list. They also just happen to be the most active performers on the list with seven performances each in Canada this summer. Shawn Mendes, however, has sold 46 percent more tickets.
- Chris Stapleton is this summer's steal: At an average ticket price of about $80, Chris Stapleton is the summer steal as the most affordable in-demand act on the top 10 list.
- 'Round the Rodeo: While the top 10 list takes a look at specific performer tours and demand, the top-in-demand event across Canada is the Calgary Stampede, with combined sales for the many diverse acts performing across the Stampede schedule driving more sales than any other tour.
StubHub offers the widest selection of tickets to events in 48 countries around the world. Tickets for the summer concert season and all year are available now along with thousands of other events in sports and theater on desktop and mobile apps. As always, StubHub backs all listings with its market-leading FanProtect™ Guarantee, and fans can use StubHub's best value feature and price alerts technology to find the perfect seats for any event.
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. As the world's largest ticket marketplace spanning 44 countries, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever and wherever fans want to be. Backed by award-winning customer care, StubHub's FanProtect™ Guarantee means every ticket is 100% guaranteed valid or you'll receive your money back or a replacement ticket of equal or better value. Our business partners include more than 150 properties globally across the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, WWE, NCAA, Matchroom Boxing, plus Paciolan and Tessitura. StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience throughout the world. StubHub is an eBay company (EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
For further information: Jessica Erskine, 818-618-8244, http://www.stubhub.com