TORONTO, Oct. 24, 2017 /CNW/ - Striking college faculty, students and allies from across the labour movement will rally in downtown Toronto Wednesday. The rally will call on Advanced Education Minister Deb Matthews to send Ontario colleges back to the bargaining table with clear direction to bargain a fair collective agreement.
Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Time: 11 a.m. to 12 noon
Place: Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, 900 Bay Street (southwest corner of Bay and Wellesley), Toronto
Speakers at the rally will include:
- Warren (Smokey) Thomas, President, Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
- JP Hornick, chair, OPSEU college faculty bargaining team
- Contract faculty members from GTA colleges
- Pam Frache, Ontario Coordinator, Fight for $15 and Fairness
- Mohammad Ali, the Socialist Vocalist (socialist hip hop)
More than 12,000 faculty at all 24 public colleges across the province have been on strike since October 16.
SOURCE Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
For further information: JP Hornick, OPSEU College Faculty Bargaining Team Chair 416-806-9526; Mona Chevalier, OPSEU College Faculty Bargaining Team (French only) 613-606-2238