Water.org Co-Founder Matt Damon and Stella Artois Encourage Canadians to Provide Access to Clean Water for Someone Living Without it
TORONTO, Feb. 11, 2019 /CNW/ - Stella Artois and Water.org are rallying Canadians to "Pour it Forward" to help end the global water crisis, which impacts 844 million people worldwide. Water.org co-founder, Matt Damon, is challenging some familiar faces around the globe to spread the word, including a call to Canadians to join the movement to help end the global water crisis.
"Together we have already helped change millions of lives, but we have the ability to help so many more," said Matt Damon, co-founder, Water.org. "That's why we're challenging people around the world to join us in our mission."
Between now and World Water Day on March 22nd, Stella Artois is encouraging Canadians to Pour it Forward, recruiting local chefs and notable personalities to help drive awareness and spark action among consumers by purchasing a Limited-Edition Stella Artois Chalice.
"As we enter a monumental year to achieve our 2020 goal to help end the world water crisis, Stella Artois is looking to bring bigger and better ways to get Canadians more involved," said Todd Allen, vice president, marketing, Labatt Breweries of Canada. "Now in the fifth year of our partnership with Water.org, we're looking to harness the power of both of our brands to create a movement of change and get all Canadians to Pour it Forward."
Canadian consumers can use their purchasing power to help end the global water crisis in three ways:
- New Limited-Edition Chalices
- This year's three Limited-Edition Chalices highlight countries where Water.org provides support, representing Mexico, Peru and Tanzania for 2019. Purchasing a Limited-Edition Chalice at LCBO Stores in Ontario, and nationally online, helps provide access to five years of clean water for one person in the developing world. Each Limited-Edition Chalice was designed by watercolour artist, Eili-Kaija Kuusniemi, and features a blue version of the iconic red Stella Artois logo underscoring the brands commitment to the cause.
- Limited Edition bottle packs in retail stores
- Starting this month, every specially-marked six- and 12-pack of Stella Artois sold in select retail stores across Canada helps provide access to 6 and 12 months of clean drinking water for one person in the developing world.
- On-premise partnership
- Starting February 18th, on-premise partner Milestones Grill + Bar will be supporting this initiative at all locations across the country, where 1 Stella = 1 month of clean water for one person in the developing world.
Canada is one of nine countries participating in the cause this year including the United States, Chile, South Africa, Argentina, Uruguay, Australia, the UK and South Korea. Since 2015, Stella Artois has helped Water.org provide more than 1.7 million people in the developing world with access to clean water. Now, they need the help of people everywhere to reach their goal of providing 3.5 million people in the developing world with long-term, sustainable access to clean water by 2020 through the partnership.
"The scale of our partnership and the opportunities it offers people to get involved continues to grow. This enables us to make an even greater impact worldwide as Water.org works to reach 60 million people by 2022 with access to clean water and sanitation," said Gary White, co-founder of Water.org.
Water.org is a leader in developing market-driven solutions to the global water crisis. Now in its fifth year, the partnership between Stella Artois and Water.org leverages Stella Artois' global footprint to raise awareness and spark action to engage in the cause.
For more information on "Pour it Forward" and other ways you can get involved visit StellaArtois.com/water. Enjoy Stella. Give water. Change lives.
About Stella Artois
Stella Artois® is part of a Belgian brewing tradition dating back to 1366. It is the No. 1 Belgian beer in the world and is present in 95 countries. Stella Artois is a bottom filtered, blonde pilsner. It is thirst quenching with a malty middle and crisp finish delivering a full flavour and a hint of bitterness. Stella Artois is best enjoyed served between 3 and 5 degree Celsius and should be served in the unique Stella Artois Chalice according to the 9-Step Pouring Ritual to guarantee a perfect experience of this gold standard lager. Visit www.stellaartois.com for more information.
Water.org is an international non-profit organization that has positively transformed more than 16 million lives around the world with access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we've been providing women hope, children health, and families a future. Learn more at www.water.org.
SOURCE Stella Artois
For further information: Tamar Nersesian, Sr. Communications Manager, Labatt Breweries of Canada, [email protected], 416-361-5247; Jessie Robertson, Account Manager, Veritas Communications, [email protected], 416-553-0669