TORONTO, Dec. 5, 2018 /CNW/ - At the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), we take our accountability for administering Ontario's public safety mandate extremely seriously. Since joining TSSA in April 2018, I have experienced firsthand the outstanding commitment of our Board, staff and partners to enhancing public safety for all Ontarians.
We participated fully in the Office of the Auditor General's review process and welcome the insights shared in the Report. The Board and leadership team acknowledges the need to change and the recommendations validate our 5-point plan for moving forward:
- use enhanced data in identifying risks.
- respond with actions that improve education, support and enforcement.
- be transparent in reporting our actions and findings to the public.
- review our business model and make appropriate changes.
- be relentless in evaluating our impact on safety.
We are committed to being a valued safety authority. These significant priorities will strengthen our ability to keep Ontarian's safe.
SOURCE Technical Standards and Safety Authority
For further information: Communications, Technical Standards and Safety Authority, Telephone: 416-734-2728 (media line), Email: [email protected]; For more information on the Technical Standards and Safety Authority, please visit www.tssa.org