A quarter century of making it easy for customers to make more happen
TORONTO, Oct. 3, 2016 /CNW/ - On October 15, 1991, the company then known as The Business Depot, opened the doors to its first retail location in Concord, Ontario. Fast-forward to today, Staples Canada makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop.
"When we first opened it was clear that the way people worked was changing, and as the needs of our customers evolved, so did our business," said Mary Sagat, president of Staples Canada. "Both our business and the retail landscape have evolved over the years but our vision has remained the same: to focus on helping businesses succeed, to be their partner and to help them grow. By offering more products, services and more ways to shop we're committed to helping businesses make more happen every day. Like our values, that's a goal that will never change."
Staples' presence today includes Staples.ca, which features more than a quarter of a million products and a network of more than 300 stores across Canada. The chain offers more products than ever before, including technology, facility and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Print & Marketing services.
To commemorate its 25th anniversary and celebrate Small Business Month, which takes place October 1 to 31, Staples Canada is offering a series of special promotions including:
- A 25th Anniversary Contest: Customers can win one of three prizes including two tickets to the 2017 NHL All-Star Game in Los Angeles, a $2,500 Staples Canada gift card or 2,500 AIR MILES Reward Miles.
- An Exclusive Anniversary Offer: Customers who are signed up for the Staples Canada email program will receive a 10 per cent off in-store only offer for purchases made on October 28 and 29.
- Small Business Deals: Small business customers can receive 10 per cent off in-store purchases, $20 off any print order of $50 or more and $10 off any tech service of $40 or more.
- AIR MILES Reward Miles: Customers who are signed up for the Staples Canada email program can get 25 bonus miles when they spend $75 or more in-store or online from October 14 to October 20.
- Weekly Flyer Deals: Staples will feature deals in its weekly flyer and online at flyers.staples.ca.
In recognition of Small Business Month and to honour small business customers, Staples Canada asked entrepreneurs to share what it was like when they started their company and where they see their business in 25 years. Their responses are available on YouTube.com/StaplesTV. The videos dive into the following themes: Starting Out, 25 Years in Business, Loyalty & Rewards, Growing the Business, and Small Business Owners Reflect.
In addition, Staples offers several helpful resources for small businesses online at staples.ca/business, with everything from advice on how to create a business plan to blogs that provide business tips.
Special 25th anniversary products now available
In celebration of its 25th anniversary, Staples has partnered with key vendors to offer special-edition products. The products are available for a limited time and include:
- Staples 25th Anniversary Sharpie markers with two bonus silver Sharpies
- Staples Brand 2017 Desk Calendar
- Crayola 24 Count Pencil Crayons with a silver pencil and silver sharpener
- Lexar 8GB TwistTurn USB Flash Drive, Three-Pack
- Pentel EnerGel™ Liquid Gel Pens with a bonus pen
- Staples 250-sheet Copy Paper
About Staples Canada/Bureau en Gros
Staples Canada/Bureau en Gros makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it's in-store, online, on mobile devices, or through the company's innovative buy online, pick up in store option. Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Copy and Print services. Consistently ranked as one of Canada's top ten companies in Marketing Magazine's Marketing/Leger Corporate Reputation Survey, Staples/Bureau en Gros is dedicated to offering customers the highest level of service. Staples Canada/Bureau en Gros also is invested in a number of corporate giving programs that actively support environmental, educational and entrepreneurial initiatives in Canadian communities from coast to coast. Visit www.staples.ca for more information, or visit us on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Staples Canada Inc.
Image with caption: "Staples Canada celebrates 25 years in business. (CNW Group/Staples Canada Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161003_C2848_PHOTO_EN_786790.jpg