OTTAWA, May 9, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) must decide whether a federal environmental assessment is required for the proposed Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir Project, located on lands adjacent to the Elbow River, approximately 15 kilometres west of Calgary, Alberta.
To assist in making its decision, the Agency is seeking comments from the public on the project and its potential effects on the environment. All comments received will be considered public.
Written comments must be submitted by May 30, 2016 to:
Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir Project
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
9700 Jasper Avenue, Suite 1145
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
- The Agency is seeking public comments on the summary of the project description for the proposed Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir Project.
- As a next step, the Agency will post a decision on its website stating whether an environmental assessment is required. If one is required, the public will have three more opportunities to comment on the project.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80123.
- Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Karen Fish, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-957-0278, [email protected]