MONTRÉAL, Feb. 4, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Videotron announces that it will begin carrying live sports in Ultra HD format as of today. Customers equipped with an illico 4K Ultra HD PVR and compatible UHD television set will be able to enjoy a stunning television experience at no extra charge when Videotron starts carrying selected games from TSN (channel 910) in UHD format. At 4 times the resolution of HD, UHD is just like being there.
After becoming the first Canadian telecommunications provider to offer its customers a UHD set-top box, Videotron is taking the lead again in Ultra HD entertainment by expanding the available selection of content.
- Thursday, February 4, 7:30 p.m.: Edmonton Oilers vs. Ottawa Senators
- Monday, February 8, 7:30 p.m.: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Ottawa Senators
- Thursday, March 3, 7:30 p.m.: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Ottawa Senators
- Tuesday, March 22, 7:30 p.m.: Washington Capitals vs. Ottawa Senators
- Sunday, February 21, 6 p.m.: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Toronto Raptors
- Wednesday, February 24, 7:30 p.m.: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Toronto Raptors
- Wednesday, March 2, 7:30 p.m.: Utah Jazz vs. Toronto Raptors
- Friday, March 4, 7:30 p.m.: Portland Trail Blazers vs. Toronto Raptors
- Thursday, March 10, 7:30 p.m.: Atlanta Hawks vs. Toronto Raptors
- Wednesday, March 30, 6 p.m.: Atlanta Hawks vs. Toronto Raptors
- Tuesday, April 5, 7:30 p.m.: Charlotte Hornets vs. Toronto Raptors
- Tuesday, April 12, 7:30 p.m.: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Toronto Raptors
The Ultra HD PVR, combined with Videotron's network, lets customers equipped with a 4K TV set watch programs in UHD format. Customers who do not have a 4K TV set will still get improved HD image quality because of the superior performance of the illico 4K Ultra HD PVR. Its processor is 12 times as powerful as that of an illico new generation set-top box. It supports 4 times faster navigation, can record 8 programs in HD simultaneously and store 320 hours of recordings in HD format, including 115 hours in UHD format.
More UHD 4K content
In addition to the live games, Videotron customers have access to one of Canada's leading catalogues of UHD content, including movies, TV series and documentaries, as well as the Stingray Ambiance channel in UHD.
For more information on Ultra HD, visit videotron.com
Videotron (www.videotron.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Quebecor Media Inc., is an integrated communications company engaged in cable television, interactive multimedia development, Internet access, cable telephone and mobile telephone services. Videotron is a leader in new technologies with its illico interactive television service and its broadband network, which supports high-speed cable Internet access, analog and digital cable television, and other services. As of September 30, 2015, Videotron was serving 1,745,900 cable television customers, including 1,564,600 Digital TV subscribers. Videotron is also the Québec leader in high-speed Internet access, with 1,559,500 subscribers to its cable service as of September 30, 2015. As of the same date, Videotron had 742,500 subscriber connections to its mobile telephone service and was providing cable telephone service to 1,329,500 Québec households and organizations. For the tenth consecutive year, Videotron was ranked as Québec's most respected telecommunications company, based on a Léger survey.
1Schedule subject to change
For further information: Media contact only: Youann Blouin, Corporate Communications Advisor, Telephone: 514 380-7069, Mobile: 438 491-0825