TORONTO, Feb. 9, 2015 /CNW/ - In advance of the NBA All-Star Weekend, Toronto Raptors fan-favourite Kyle Lowry and Sport Chek, Canada's home for sporting goods, footwear and apparel, are making an all-star announcement of their own.
- Kyle Lowry, NBA All-Star and Toronto Raptors guard
- Duncan Fulton, Senior Vice-President, Canadian Tire Corporation (Sport Chek's parent-company)
- Sherman Hamilton, former Canadian Olympic player and key contributor to Sport Chek's #MyNorth campaign
- Players and coaches from Markham Unionville Minor Basketball Association (MUMBA)
Sport Chek will be announcing a new sponsorship with Kyle Lowry. To celebrate this deal, Sport Chek will host a basketball practice through its grassroots #MyNorth program that will feature Sherman Hamilton and Kyle Lowry with players from Markham Unionville Minor Basketball Association.
Launched in partnership with MLSE and the Toronto Raptors earlier in the year, the #MyNorth platform was created to celebrate the city's rich, deep-rooted basketball culture, provide unique opportunities for young players and share the real stories of the city's basketball scene – from the local heroes to the first-time ball players.
***Photo and interview opportunities will be available on-site***
- Monday, February 9, 2015
1:15-1:30 p.m.– Media registration at Gate 2
1:30-2:30 p.m.– Remarks, interviews and photo opportunities
- Toronto Raptors Practice Court
Air Canada Centre
40 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
SOURCE FGL Sports Ltd.
For further information: To confirm your place at the event, please contact to: Sarah Van Lange, FGL Sports, 647.287.9582, Sarah.VanLange@fglsports.com