From kid-sized robots to little pup pets, Spin Master's games and toys are topping holiday wish lists
TORONTO, Dec. 2, 2015 /CNW/ - Spin Master (TSX:TOY) sets the season's trends with its covetable range of toys and games. The "maker movement" provides inspiration in the tech and activity categories, while games, pets and blockbuster movies remain classic themes that resonate with all ages.
"Spin Master's Hot Holiday Toys cover the full range of fun. We have traditional games for the whole family, dolls and even advanced robotics," says Ben Varadi, Director, Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, Spin Master Corp. "The excitement of unwrapping a new toy spans generations and we're honored to be a part of the holidays for so many families."
Top Tech Toys
With the strong educational emphasis on STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), toys that incorporate technology are hot with both kids and parents. Building on its strong history of innovation, Spin Master has brought technology to life in two areas kids love – robots and pets.
- The Meccanoid G15 KS is the perfect robot buddy and an amazing introduction to robotics. KS means kid-sized; standing nearly 4 feet tall, kids can build and program Meccanoid themselves, and then have fun with its LIM (Learned Intelligent Movement) technology and motion capture. Winner of Last Gadget Standing at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show. MSRP $399.99 USD (Ages 10 and up)
- Zoomer Kitty is the sister of 2015 Toy of the Year, Zoomer Dino. Her life-like playful movements and realistic kitten sounds make her the next best thing to having a real kitty. MSRP $99.99 USD (Ages 5 and up)
The popularity of the Star Wars franchise spans generations. As fans eagerly await the next installment, the movies come to life with new products from Spin Master.
- Standing 16" tall, Legendary Yoda has lifelike movements and voice recognition to make it possible to train with the Jedi Grand Master like never before. Through Legendary Yoda's three modes – Force, Wisdom and Warrior – young Padawans can train to use the force, speak directly to Yoda to hear him speak classic words of wisdom and watch as the fan-favorite character battles with his lightsaber. MSRP: $179.99 USD (Ages 6 and up)
- Air Hogs Star Wars Ultimate Millennium Falcon Quad is a powerful remote controlled quad copter with 2.4 GHz control, 4 channel and gyro-stabilization that provides amazing stability and flight performance; allowing fans to fly the iconic aircraft themselves for the first time. MSRP: $109.99 USD (Ages 10 and up)
Popular with Pre-schoolers
Paw Patrol and Little Charmers are favorites with the under-five set. The positive messages of team work and cooperation resonate with little ones, as characters come to life through role-play with popular toys.
- With the Spin Master Paw Patrol Paw Patroller kids can go on their own rescue missions with their pup friends. It's fully assembled and comes with batteries. MSRP $59.99 USD (Ages 3 and up)
- The Little Charmers Hazel Magic Doll wears Hazel's signature outfit and with the push of a button, her cape magically disappears. She says six "charmazing" phrases. MSRP $34.99 USD (Ages 3 and up)
- Chubby Puppies waddle, hop and wiggle, just like real puppies. Kids and puppy fans can adopt and collect all fourteen. MSRP $8.99 USD (Ages 4 and up)
Fun and Games
For many families, gathering together for games night is a holiday tradition spanning generations. In between holiday parties, presents and meals, these games provide an opportunity to relax and have fun.
- Quick Cups tests matching and stacking skills in a race to stack the most cups. MSRP $19.99 USD (Ages 6 and up)
- POP STREAM: Movies puts two teams in competition as they test their cinema smarts, bringing the excitement of a game show to the comfort of the living room. MSRP $29.99 (Adult)
- Fast-paced and kid-friendly, Hedbanz is the ultimate guessing game as players use deductive reasoning to guess the picture on their head band. $19.99 USD (Ages 7 and up)
The "Maker Movement" comes to life for kids with these hands-on toys. Kids love the satisfaction that comes with creating something themselves, while parents will appreciate fun activities that keep the kids engaged.
- The maker trend comes to kids crafts with the Text Cool Bracelet Studio (MSRP $24.99 USD) and Knits Cool Knitting Studio (MSRP $19.99 USD). Kids gain a sense of accomplishment as they make cool creations that they can wear and share. (Ages 6 and up)
- Bunchems are furry "burr" like plastic spheres that stick together to make fun, soft creations. No mess, glue or fuss. MSRP $24.99 USD (Ages 3-5)
- Kinetic Sand Sandbox and Molds provide hours of fun for all ages with sand that never dries out. The kit's large play surface keeps sand contained. MSRP $14.99 USD (Ages 3 and up)
Spin Master toys and games are available at leading retailers around the world. For more information, visit spinmaster.com.
About Spin Master Corp.
Spin Master (TSX:TOY) is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Bakugan, Air Hogs®, Spin Master Games™ and the 2015 Toy of the Year, Zoomer™ Dino. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 63 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 14 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 11 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced five television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers™ and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 850 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Germany, Holland, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and Japan.
SOURCE Spin Master Corp.
For further information: Tara Tucker, Spin Master Corp., firstname.lastname@example.org; Anne Cayer, Zeno Group, email@example.com