Rusty Rivets among the company's hot new launches
TORONTO, June 22, 2016 /CNW/ - Spin Master (Spin Master Corp.TSX: TOY) a leading global children's entertainment company, has announced an exciting array of new licensing partnerships with top entertainment properties and iconic brands for the Fall 2016 season. The company is also preparing for the debut of Rusty Rivets, its new, highly anticipated animated series which will be broadcast on Nickelodeon.
From new titles, to nostalgic favorites and modern blockbusters, Spin Master's 2016 licensed portfolio is its most significant to date. The line-up further expands Spin Master's steadily growing licensing division, which has helped propel the company's global success.
"As Spin Master continues to grow, we are focused on building and partnering with evergreen properties that parents and families can connect with through programming and product," said Ben Gadbois, President and Chief Operating Officer, Spin Master Ltd. "We understand how play extends from the screen to the physical world and we're pleased to announce multiple master licensee agreements and our new series, Rusty Rivets."
Rusty Rivets, produced and created by Spin Master Entertainment, follows Rusty, a resourceful and tech-savvy young hero. Rusty invents his way out of every jam, creating wild, awesome contraptions with found objects, imagination and his best bud Ruby to help save the day. Rusty's adventures will begin on Nickelodeon on August 22, with 26 episodes scheduled for the first season. Young fans who are as resourceful as the show's animated hero will find pre-released episodes online as early as June.
Spin Master will release a line of toys that will focus on exactly what Rusty does in the show – "Design it and combine it." Families can look forward to bringing Rusty home in Fall 2017, when products will be available at leading retailers.
Spin Master's 2016 licensing portfolio represents some of the year's biggest entertainment properties. Among them, there is a healthy dose of nostalgia, as iconic properties have been reimagined for a new generation.
- The Powerpuff Girls are back in action. Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup made their long-awaited return to the airwaves in April. As Global Master Toy Licensee, Spin Master will bring the Cartoon Network's beloved franchise to life in the physical world through its line of plush, figures and playsets. The Powerpuff Girls' memorable "girl power" appeals to fans present and past; the new Spin Master products will be available for Fall 2016.
- Another blast from childhood past, the Teletubbies are back with an all new TV series and new line of preschool children's toys. Modernized for a new generation, the show brings the colorful world of Teletubbyland alive through laughter, learning and exploration. Spin Master will distribute a range of Teletubbies plush, plastics and bath toys set to be on shelf in France, Germany and Benelux in Fall 2016 and the US in Spring 2017.
- Retro favorite Popples continues to please following the series' return to screens as a Netflix original series earlier this year. The BPP's (Best Popple Pals) from Popplopolis, cute characters that "pop" open from a soft fuzzy ball into a fun-loving friend, all have a unique personality. As Global Master Toy Licensee, Spin Master will help fans find the one that's just right for them in Fall 2016 with plush, playset and figures.
- There's more than a nod to the past with Noddy, the character created by renowned children's author Enid Blyton in 1949. In the refreshed preschool television series, co-produced by DreamWorks Animation Television and France's Gaumont Animation, Noddy becomes a Toyland Detective, searching for clues to mysteries in each episode. Spin Master will serve as the Master Toy Licensee with a Fall 2016 launch for a wide range of toys including figures, playsets, vehicles, games and more.
A blockbuster summer is on the way for Spin Master, whose licensed products will bring to life the characters and vehicles that are set to dominate the silver screen.
- As the 50th anniversary of Star Trek™ nears, fans are eager to revisit the universe once inhabited by the Starship Enterprise. Now, they can take to the skies themselves with the Air Hogs Enterprise NCC-1701-A. Featuring an integrated light system, authentic sounds and collector's display stand, Star Trek fans should prepare to set phasers to stun on July 1.
- Few Super Heroes have captured the hearts of fans quite like the Caped Crusader and the Man of Steel, and in 2016, the two finally come face-to-face on the big screen in Warner Bros. Pictures' action adventure film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Those who side with the Dark Knight are in luck as they can explore Gotham City with the Air Hogs Movie Replica Batmobile™, available now, and Air Hogs RC Batwing™, available Fall 2016.
- Universal Studios' The Secret Life of Pets grants a peek into the lives of pets in a bustling Manhattan apartment building after the humans leave for the day. From the creators of Despicable Me, the animated film follows Max and his friends on their adventures. As Master Toy Licensee, Spin Master has made sure there's a pet for everyone with a full line of plush, figures and playsets that launched in May and to highlight the star of the film, a Best Friend Max Talking Plush.
- Feathery friends make the jump from the small screen to the big screen in 2016's The Angry Birds Movie where an unlikely cast of flightless birds must band together to investigate what newly arrived pigs are up to. Spin Master is a key licensee for the animated comedy, making the 3D movie into real life fun with toys that kids can collect, crash, play and display. Plush, playsets, figures and collectible vinyls are available now.
The young set have a lot to look forward to this fall as Spin Master continues to deliver with its growing portfolio of preschool brands and licenses.
- PAW Patrol is on a roll through 2016 as the leading preschool brand continues to teach kids the value of teamwork and friendship. In addition to Spin Master products from its wildly popular show, which airs in more than 160 countries and territories, the license extends to multiple partners who together let kids experience adventures alongside their favorite pups - firedog Marshall, police pup Chase and fearless Skye.
- Children around the world have fallen for Masha and The Bear and the mischievous adventures of the precocious Masha and her warm-hearted friend Bear. With lively music and song, their fun and wild adventures are available on Netflix where viewers can frolic along with the animated characters. As Master Toy Licensee, Spin Master will release a wide range of toys for Fall 2016.
- Kids can buckle up and join the fun in TruckTown, written by renowned children's author Jon Scieszka. Trucktown is filled with good old-fashioned fun, following the lives and big personalities of the trucks that live there and a full line of figures and playsets is available now to bring those personalities home.
- Spin Master's new Build-A-Bear Workshop™ Stuffing Station, Furry Friends and Outfits allow children to bring home the fun of the brand's interactive store experience this fall. Spin Master's craft activity products will launch Fall 2016 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia with plans for a full global rollout in 2017. Soon, kids around the world will be able to make their very own furry friends at home.
Kids of all ages can look forward to revving up their engineering prowess as a new set of licenses for Spin Master's Meccano brand hits the streets in 2016.
- Meccano continues to bring modern innovation into its line of construction sets, featuring high-tech materials and designs to help a new generation of makers bring their dreams to life. Car aficionados and motorcycle enthusiasts alike will find it easier than ever to bring home the vehicles of their dreams with new Meccano sets of iconic Ferrari, Lamborghini and Ducati models. From the working gull wings on the LaFerrari to the moving pistons in the Lamborghini Aventador or the side-mounted staggered shotgun exhaust of the Ducati Monster 1200 S, no detail is missed on the new Meccano sets that will launch Fall 2016.
Continuing to build on some of its most successful partnerships, Spin Master will extend its licensing partnerships with How to Train Your Dragon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Minecraft to bring the best of play to young children around the world.
About Spin Master Corp.
Spin Master is a leading global children's entertainment company that creates, designs, manufactures and markets a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. Spin Master is best known for award-winning brands including Zoomer™ Dino, Bakugan Battle Brawlers™, Air Hogs®, and 2015 Toys of The Year, Bunchems and Meccanoid G15. Since 2005, Spin Master has received 63 TIA Toy of The Year (TOTY) nominations with 16 wins across a variety of product categories. Spin Master has been recognized with 12 TOTY nominations for Innovative Toy of the Year, more than any of its competitors. Spin Master is among a limited number of companies that not only develop and produce global entertainment properties, characters and content, but also monetize that content through the creation, sale and licensing of products. To date, Spin Master has produced six television series, including 2007 hit series Bakugan Battle Brawlers and its current hit PAW Patrol, which is broadcast in over 160 countries and territories globally. Spin Master employs over 1,000 people globally with offices in Canada, United States, Mexico, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia.
SOURCE Spin Master
Image with caption: "Spin Master (CNW Group/Spin Master)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160622_C6511_PHOTO_EN_719874.jpg
For further information: Tara Tucker, Vice President, Global Marketing Communications, Spin Master Ltd., firstname.lastname@example.org