OAKVILLE, ON, Sept. 6, 2018 /CNW/ - Spark Power Group Inc. (TSX: SPG) (TSX: SPG.WT), parent company to Spark Power Corp. ("Spark Power"), a leading independent electrical power services and solutions company, announced the members of its newly reconstituted Board of Directors (the "Board"). The Board is comprised of members of Spark Power Corp.'s historical Advisory Board along with new additions, James F. O'Neil and Sharon Ranson.
The Spark Power Corp. Advisory Board was originally formed in December, 2015 to guide the company and its executives on corporate strategy, operations, and growth. The members of the Advisory Board were carefully and intentionally selected with the confidence they would be ideally suited to participate as Board Members in the institutional setting of a public company. Advisory Board members now serving on the Board are:
- Larry D. Taylor, CPA, CMA, CMC: Mr. Taylor is a former Managing Partner at Ernst & Young and a seasoned financial services executive. He is currently the President of Taylor Made Solutions based in Toronto and is a CEO Group Leader for CEO Global Network. Mr. Taylor will also serve as the Board's Chairman and Chair of the Audit Committee.
- The Honourable Mr. Howard I. Wetston, Q.C.: Mr. Wetston is a respected public servant and a distinguished lawyer, jurist, regulator and executive. He is a past Vice-Chair, Chair & CEO of the Ontario Securities Commission, Chair & CEO of the Ontario Energy Board, currently serves on the Senate of Canada (commenced 2016) and is a retired trial judge of the Federal Court of Canada and ex-officio judge of its Appeal Division. Mr. Wetston will also serve as the Chair of the Board's Governance Committee.
- Daniel Péloquin: Mr. Péloquin is the CEO and Managing Partner at DPC (Daniel Péloquin Consultant). He has been involved in the manufacturing and exporting of products and services serving the electrical transmission and distribution industry, and end users for international markets for close to 35 years.
- Don Morrison: Mr. Morrison is a seasoned and highly respected financial services executive. He was most recently the Senior Managing Director and Executive Vice President, Asset Management and Operations for OMERS Private Markets, which consists of OMERS Private Equity and Borealis Infrastructure.
- Joseph D. Quarin: Mr. Quarin was most recently President and Chief Executive Officer of Progressive Waste. Under his leadership, the company's revenues grew from US$100 million to US$2.0 billion through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and completed a US$4.8 billion reverse-merger.
- Ron Dizy: Mr. Dizy is the Managing Director of the Advanced Energy Centre ("the Centre") at the MaRS Discovery District. Under his leadership, the Centre is helping the energy system adopt innovation more quickly and capture new opportunities afforded by new technologies.
In addition, Spark Power is pleased to welcome James F. O'Neil and Sharon Ranson to the Board:
- James (Jim) F. O'Neil is a veteran executive of the power industry having most recently served as President, Chief Executive Officer, and Director of Quanta Services, Inc., a provider of specialty contracting services to the electric power and oil and gas industries. Under Jim's leadership as COO and CEO, the company doubled in size, reaching revenues of US$7.57B. Jim is a member of the Board of Directors of Akron, Ohio-based electrical utility, FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), and Hennessy Capital Partners III (NYSE American: HCAC). Jim is currently the principal owner of Forefront Solutions, LLC, providing consulting services primarily to the energy infrastructure industry.
- Sharon Ranson, FCPA, FCA, is a corporate director and entrepreneur with deep financial expertise in accounting, capital markets and investments. Currently, Mrs. Ranson serves as a Director for Sprott Inc. (TSX: SII), Echelon Financial Holdings (TSX: EFH), the City of Toronto Investment Board, Continental Bank of Canada, and Borrowell Inc. She also Chairs the Nominating Committee for the Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSPIB) and is on the Advisory Board for the Smith School of Business at Queen's University. Mrs. Ranson is President of The Ranson Group Inc., a company offering coaching and leadership work with senior and c-suite executives. Mrs. Ranson will also serve as the Chair of the Board's Compensation Committee.
"We could not be more thrilled to continue to work with these business leaders and welcome Jim and Sharon to the Spark Power Board of Directors," said Jason Sparaga, co-founder and co-CEO, Spark Power Corp. "The breadth and depth of their expertise spanning not only the power industries, but also corporate strategy and governance will be an enormous asset to our company as we pursue our vision of being a leading provider of integrated power services and solutions to the North American market."
"Adding Jim and Sharon to the existing strength of our Board of Directors gives us a tremendous advantage in the market," said Andrew Clark, co-founder and co-CEO, Spark Power Corp. "Jim's experience will serve us well as we expand our footprint into the United States and Sharon's extensive capabilities in capital markets will be a great asset to us as we pursue our growth strategy."
About Spark Power Corp.
Spark Power is a leading independent electrical power services and solutions company serving more than 6,500 industrial, commercial, institutional, renewable and agricultural customers, as well as utility markets including municipalities, universities, schools and hospitals across North America. For more information, visit us at www.sparkpower.ca.
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain forward-looking statements (within the meaning of applicable securities laws) which reflect Spark Power's current expectations regarding future events. Forward-looking statements are identified by words such as "believe", "anticipate", "project", "expect", "intend", "plan", "will", "may", "estimate" and other similar expressions. These statements are based on Spark Power's expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections and include, and include, without limitation, statements regarding the future success of the Company's business and potential expansion of the business by Messrs. Sparaga and Clark.
The forward-looking statements in this news release are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties that are difficult to control or predict. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. Readers, therefore, should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, these forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release and, except as expressly required by applicable law, Spark Power assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Spark Power Group Inc.