Canada's savvy online savers are gearing up for more savings as popular online saving destinations, Save.ca and Flyerland.ca, merge
TORONTO, July 23, 2013 /CNW/ - There are some things in this world that just belong together. The merger of Save.ca and Flyerland.ca is one such example. The enhanced offerings on the re-launched Save.ca are taking online couponing and flyers from fad to phenomenon, from cheap to savvy. The new Save.ca has the most comprehensive online savings from flyers and coupons - and it was designed with the shopper in mind so it's easy to find savings, right at your fingertips when it's convenient for you.
"This site has been transformed to cater to the growing number of Canadians looking for online savings to help them keep their household budgets in check," says Doug Guan, Director, Digital Retail, Save.ca. "For the first time in Canada, one site will bring together savings through coupons and flyers, and with our new shopping list option - the only one of its kind in Canada - we streamline the online deals and purchasing process - something no other site does for Canadians."
Couponing and sorting through flyers for deals is not a new approach to savvy shopping. But how we're getting ahold of these savings is. Save.ca offers direct benefits to the shopper and an experience like no other site, which is good news for the 47% of current Save.ca members, which totals more than 2 million, who want to maintain a weekly household grocery budget under $100.1
Some savvy online influencers, like Coupon Christine, Save.ca's resident expert of online savings, are more accustomed to this innovative tactic of household saving and know how to navigate the world of online savings to find the best deals in as little time as possible. "In my family, we use online coupons and digital flyers on every shopping trip. But with so many different websites showing us how to save, having coupons and flyers located on one site makes finding the deals simple and far less time consuming. And with Save.ca's new features, it's easier than ever to save money on EVERY shopping trip with a quick visit to their website. I've saved more than $5,000 in 2013 alone!"
"We've made it easy for you to get the savings you want," says Guan. "Join the 2 million Canadians who already use Save.ca and keep an eye out for further enhancements for even more online saving opportunities to keep your household spend at a minimum."
Benefits of the New Save.ca
- Links brand deals to retailer locations to streamline the shopping process;
- Offers a convenient printable shopping list option so you can organize your savings from all retailers and brands featured on the site;
- Provides access to the most comprehensive offering of online savings of popular brands and digital flyers from trusted retailers across the country;
- Offers the option of printing deals on the spot or mailing a hard copy to your mailbox;
- Eliminates the hassle of having to flip through multiple newspapers and flyers to find deals; and
- Allows shoppers to search for savings from their computer, smartphone, iPad or any other mobile device whenever it's convenient for them, rather than having to set aside time to sort through deals and feel trapped at their kitchen table.
Save.ca User Statistics
- More than 50% have used more than 30 online coupons in the past year
- More than 90% use coupons as new product trials before becoming a loyal shopper
- More than 75% of users who have tried a new product with an online coupon continued to buy the product
- More than 90% of users share their online savings with friends and family
- More than 95% of users have purchase a product form a difference brand because of an online coupon offer
- Most common reasons people use online coupons:
- Great savings
- Convenient to obtain
- Convenient to use
- Sharing coupons with others
- Saving the environment
- Most common coupon categories include:
- Personal care
- Household care
- Heal care
For the last 13 years, Save.ca has been Canada's #1 site for digital flyers and online coupons from virtually all of Canada's favourite retailers and brands, in one convenient place. More than two million loyal Canadians use the site to plan their weekly and splurge purchases. Save.ca is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torstar Corp, a TSX listed company and one of Canada's largest diversified media companies.
1 Save.ca customer survey experience. February 2013. Online survey of 1,395 male and female Canadians between the ages of 25 and 54.
For further information: