From emotion to information, from entertainment to learning, the whole family will enjoy our new fall menu
TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2014 /CNW/ - TFO has upgraded its television and web offerings to cater to the tastes of every member of the family. For education and youth, lifestyle and culture, TFO unveils its new fall lineup, starting this week!
Monday to Friday, 7 pm to 7:30 pm, rerun at 11 pm.
For 12 to 17 year-olds: FLIP
FLIP is the all-new daily for teens. The only one of its kind on the air in Canada and live on YouTube, FLIP is a chillin' half-hour about what's new on the web. The show is a model of interactiveness with its social media-connected viewers. Comments and questions are shared with everyone watching and the team answers live. FLIP is hosted by a (real) group of buddies, Alex, Meilie, LP, and Francesca. Their exchanges are punctuated by the best current videos, hidden-camera sketches, song parodies, features by YouTubers, and interactions with the audience. Follow the hashtags #fliptfo, #caflush et #caflip on Twitter. Definitely for teens!
Monday to Thursday, 8:30 pm, rerun at 12 am, and on tfo.org/24.7
For inquisitive adults: 24.7
24.7 is a new magazine about what's new on the social and cultural scenes of francophone communities. Showcasing communities' local and hyperlocal news, the show presents a dynamic experience where, like on an iPad, one quickly flips through content, with reporting, features, interviews, humour, and opinion videos. The show relies on numerous collaborators who present ten or so short segments of three minutes or less. Themes include music, health, entrepreneurship, etc. Meet artisans, artists, youth, entrepreneurs, leaders, and many others who energize the Canadian Francophonie. You can't possibly be bored with 24.7!
Monday to Friday, 6 am to 5:30 pm, on tfo.org/mini and on YouTube
For little ones: MiniTFO
The MiniTFO universe, broadcast on all TFO platforms (television, applications, website, YouTube) offers children and parents some new content this fall, including:
- Les chansons traditionnelles, offering traditional songs from the French songbook, a colourful app created for young viewers… and nostalgic grownups. Playful avatars/singers take the place of hosts Louis, Josée, and Lexie. It includes a dozen songs, stories, games, and interactive activities and will be available mid-October.
- New acquisitions and coproductions: MiniTFO's programming keeps getting better. This year, little ones can discover Le Ranch, Zack & Quack, Wendy, Barbapapa, and the Doozers.
- A MiniTFO tour of live shows. Coming in November, our three hosts will be embarking on a tour of free shows in five Ontario cities. More details to come.
- On the air Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 8:30 pm, Carte de visite presents francophone and francophile personalities interviewed by Gisèle Quenneville in collaboration with Daniel Lessard, Linda Godin, and Rachel Desaulniers. This year, get to know well-known figures like Bob Rae, Greg Sorbara, Camille Thériault, Denis Gagnon, and Émilie Heymans.
- #ONfr is the new multiplatform franchise addressing political and francophone news. It highlights what is happening at Queen's Park in terms of political, economic and social issues, that may have an impact on minority francophone populations in Ontario and elsewhere in the country. Find it on television every Thursday at 8:50 pm and on the show's blog.
- BRBR is making quite the comeback in September with all-new musical performances. With the signing of numerous agreements with new partners like AOL, La Presse, MSN, Blue Ant - Omnia médias and Urbania, BRBR will be even more present on exterior platforms, which will offer much more visibility to artists. During the new season, BRBR will continue to make its presence felt by participating in the biggest music festivals, while offering added features on web platforms and its blog.
Every night, at 9 pm
For true movie fans, CinéTFO
Movie buffs will love CinéTFO's 2014-2015 programming. Unique and daring, the new season will be airing starting October 1, and will be unveiled shortly. Keep an eye on your mail!
About Groupe Média TFO
Groupe Média TFO is a premium destination for children and audiences seeking educational and innovative content in French. It provides stimulating experiences and award-winning products on the cutting-edge of digital learning. It offers TFO, MiniTFO, and edululu.org, the first online evaluation service for educational apps in French and English.
To find out how tv viewers can watch TFO, go to http://www3.tfo.org/comment-nous-capter
SOURCE: Groupe Média TFO
For further information:
For info and interviews:
Kim Galvez [email protected]